PDA

View Full Version : A little confused...help

Spdotkcb7
05-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Okay soon not amazing on typing things out but I can somehow explain on what is going on. For starters I have an 86 lxi I don't know to much about these cars other than what I've been reading on this site. I have knowledge of cars been fixing my own cars for years. But I can figure this out... When I start up its perfect. But when I drive it feels like it's lagging after giving it gas... I had a car that ran on only 3 cylinders at some point and it kinda gives me that feeling... I just don't know if someone on here has any information that could help me that I'm not finding, or someone can lead me on where to look or at least start looking and what to check for... Thanks for reading and thank you for anyone who can help!

conozo
05-05-2016, 08:47 AM
-check your timing, may be off a tooth
-inspect. Spartk plugs, wires, and distributor cap

How long has this issue been present, is it something new?

Spdotkcb7
05-05-2016, 10:20 AM
I bought the car with this issue thinking it could be a easy fix. I mean I only paid 400 for it and it has no rust already dropped and came with rims so I thought I can fix this little problem and I'll be good. I initially thought it was a vacuum leak and everything on there seems to be in order so I'm seeking other options now. Ima look up on how to check those things now. Thank you

Oldblueaccord
05-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Agree with conzo new spark plugs, inspect old ones. General look over oil ,water,fuel filter etc.

Its fuel injection so should run ok. Auto trans is not that reliable at this age or over 150k miles.

Compression check all cylinder might be the next step.

Spdotkcb7
05-06-2016, 02:11 AM
It's standard and I don't have a whole lot of time this isn't my daily so Ima check some things this weekend at some point. Thank you for the advice