PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think??

iiviasterp
01-22-2003, 06:56 PM
my boss in service at work has a 91 3door civic si with 107,000 miles on it with 16's, coilovers, header, full exhaust, CAI, momo steering wheel, short throw, f&r strut bars and he wants to sell it, he just bought the car over the summer and actually just started drivin it in the past few weeks, but he decided that he dosnt want it anymore. i was joking with him and told him that i would trade him str8 up for my LS400, and he actually said he would think about it. i talked to him agian today and he wanted to know if the offer was still in the table.......my car had 188,000 miles on it but it still looks brand new.....so here is my dilema...im 19, and i know im not gonna own a lexus again for a LONG time but the hatch would get alot better gas milage and i need all the money i can get to get my accord back on the road by may....so what would you guys do in this situation?? im thinkin im gonna trade him but im not sure..........

86AccordLxi
01-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Go for it! Sounds like a sweet little car!

Alex

carlessNcareless
01-22-2003, 07:13 PM
it sounds like a nice car, but if i was 19 id rather ball a lexus..

AccordEpicenter
01-22-2003, 10:39 PM
Im with 'teg, keep the LS400, doesnt that have a quad cam v8? That could smoke a garden variety civic at any stoplight, and anyways your car is worth more even with no mods and all the miles.

ACCORD EX
01-23-2003, 11:34 AM
yeah man A LS400 ! that's something !

MIKE

86accord4dr
01-23-2003, 04:15 PM
yeah i hate to be with the majority here but keep the lex.

you could smooth-daddy pimp that out or even stock it looks slick. civic hatchs are a dime a dozen and overplayed man... don't get me wrong they look sweet in a mag or rolling to a meet but a lexus is so much more classy.. it's like currently dating Rene Russo and all of a sudden Britney wants to date you... Britney would be fun for a while but in the long haul Rene's a better catch

less flashy yes, but more quality

shepherd79
01-23-2003, 06:33 PM
i would say go for it.
you can always work on civic later, or you can sell it for mad money this days.

carlessNcareless
01-24-2003, 08:29 PM
i dunno what the fuck was up with that rene russo comment, lol.. but yea id trade my teg(if it was still running) plus my accord for a lexus, or anything with switches, besides a shitbox

86accord4dr
01-25-2003, 02:47 PM
well actually i had to think about it for a while. i couldn't think of any actress that was really classy... i think she has a sort of understated class about her.. sure she's not the hottest but that's the point... by no means is the LS the sexiest luxury car out there (that award would go to the new Benz E class)

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2003/vmd2479ov.html

but it's better in the long run. just wondering tho.. is there much aftermarket support for the lexus??

Bobs89LXi
01-25-2003, 03:30 PM
There is one part of the equation that none of you considered, although shepherd79 came close. That is the money factor, both in maintenance and insurance costs. The Lex is a great car, there is no argument there. However, for a 19 year old, you may be better off cost wise with the Civic. The insurance rates would no doubt be around the same for both cars, since one is sport and the other, luxury. However, where the differences lie are in the cost of maintenance and gas. The Civic is a lighter car with a smaller engine, so the gas mileage would be an improvement. Also, the Civic has lower miles on it, so major service is farther down the road than it would be if you kept the Lex. Finally, repair parts are easier to find and cost less for the Civic than they are for a Lex. If you take your budget into considerartion, the Civic is the way to go.

AccordEpicenter
02-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Im not big on the newer benzes, i think Jags are sexy tho. Either is sexier than Civix... too many of em.. dime a dozen

iiviasterp
02-02-2003, 07:37 AM
well i drove his car on thursday and the selling point for me is when i put 6 dollars gas in it when it was on empty and it almost gave it a half a tank.....i decided not to trade straight up, but i am now selling my car and then when its sold buying his.......

86accord4dr
02-02-2003, 04:18 PM
6 bux for half a tank? where do you live? up here 6 gets me maybe an 1/8th

78 cents a liter

88WhiteLX-i
02-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Keep the Lexus. I actually looking to buy a lexus, they are fucking awesome and when I can get enough money together for a down payment I wanna buy one... I trade my accord for one any day. The civics are fucking played out, keep the LEX.

Blue Impact
02-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Keep the Lexus. Damn, you're the first 19 year old I know of to even have a Lexus. I agree that the price for your LS400 is more than that Civic.