PDA

View Full Version : Sub/Security?

honda88mike
01-23-2003, 08:07 AM
:confused: Ok, I've got some money for Circuit City in gift card form that I'm just dying to spend. I've been looking at what they have for cars and I'm stuck between getting the Alpine R series 12" sub and box, or getting the basic remote operated security alarm system. The disadvantages are that I don't have an amp for the sub and want to keep my weight down, and that I wouldn't beable to use the remote lock/unlock stuff that comes with the alarm because I don't have power door locks. Anyone got an opinion on which I should get?:confused:

RobT5580
01-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Not sure on the alpine subs but if you have some mods on your car i would get the alarm. You can add power locks rather easily so thats not a big deal. I know everyone has issues with alarms but it helps a bit especially if you hear it. If you get a system i strongly suggest you disconnect the trunk release cable cause people target hondas knowing that its easy to get in the trunk.

KWoodRacer
03-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I would defiantly get the alarm first. It's not worth it putting audio into your car without a alarm. It will get stolen very quickly.