PDA

View Full Version : need help identifying a screw on the carb

lx 1986
05-23-2016, 10:14 AM
I have a 86 Honda Accord LX, 2.0L, 2bbl kehin carb, auto trans, ac

Can you tell me what the silver screw with the spring on it, that's located right below the throttle cable on the left side of the carb what does it adjust? I was told this is for the fast idle adjustment. Is that right? My fast idle is too high it goes up to 3000 rpms and doesn't come down on its own.

I post this question in the carb section but got no reply so I thought maybe someone here can help.

POS carb
05-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Is it the one for the idle control dash pot (the one with the vacuum hose)

If I remember correctly one was the basic throttle stop and the other was to idle up if engine vacuum dropped. I haven't seen a keihin in 15 years a picture would help :)

lx 1986
06-05-2016, 01:38 PM
POS carb thanks for responding. I had just about given up on someone answering my question so I've been trying to figure it out myself.

Yes from what the manual says it's the one to the dashpot. I've been having a problem with my warm idle hanging when my car is driven for awhile 15-20 mins I'll put it in park and the idle will go up and hangs at about 1200 - 1500 rpms. Sometimes I can get it to go back to normal by shifting into drive and then back into park.

What does this screw adjust?

I have been backing it out to see if that helps.

I was trying to put up a pic but the site won't let me do it.