PDA

View Full Version : Swapped engine/tranny (5speed)

nswst8
05-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to post a note on the engine swap and tear down of the higher mileage engine.

First, I pulled a engine/tranny (manual) with 275,000 miles and replaced it with another engine/tranny (manual) with lesser miles about 150,000. Easy swap, just a day job. but after replacing the higher mileage engine I had no other option but to tear it down and dispose of it, "SAD".

This was a engine/tranny that would have lasted another 250,000 miles with out any doubt. Cam, bearings, pistons, gears all looked immaculate for wear. The only reason I swapped it is because I had another lower mileage engine/tranny from my other accord my daughter totaled in 2014 and the higher mileage engine/tranny was leaking at the valve cover and distributor. Normally I just would have replaced the gaskets and cleaned it up but again I had the other engine/tranny.

So, my advice is to take care of these cars and continue to enjoy their reliability, I have had this accord since 1993 bought it with 88,000 miles on it for $10,000, I wouldn't hesitate to continue to drive this accord for another 20+ years but I like my trucks.

Real disappointed that I had to get rid of such a good engine/5speedtranny.

conozo
05-28-2016, 05:57 PM
Should have put the motor on a riding lawnmower.