PDA

View Full Version : Camshaft purchasing

Versanick
01-23-2003, 05:42 PM
I was curious to know (after what I've read) the price for the more wild Openloop Motorsports cam. I know the mild one (or maybe both) costs $155 shipped (or so it said in an old thread). I was curious if just the mild one costed that, just the wild one costed that, or if there is something in between and/or I'm an idiot.... any help would be appreciated. We carbies need more duration and lift... not the most efficient engines in the world you know... not like EFI or something, haha.

On the same track, OTHER THAN REGRINDS, who has installed a performance camshaft? I could send out the old cam from my 86 accord LX (my new one's an 88) and get it reground; then put it in my 88 engine... I'm porting the shinola out of the head and intake. I don't know if I even want the wild one because I don't have the $ for a valve job... I'll figure it out... anyone who has installed a cam other than a reground one, please post. I want to know what you guys have and how you feel it affected your performance (good gains? losses? breaking it in? etc).

Thanks ahead of time

_vers

Oh yeah... and cam specs if you guys know them... at least if they're mild or wild (this IS the mechanical section you know... can't post without talking about technical information, haha)

A20A1
01-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Go here.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11804