PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation when accelerating

honda
06-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Hello,

I have a 97 Civic LX manual transmission (not an Accord, but similar), and it just started doing something (I stopped at a store on Tuesday, and the car was fine, came back out and it was driving like this). It is jerking/hesitating when I accelerate, especially going from first to second, and second to third. It also does it going up to 4th and 5th but not as much. It seems to get worse if going uphill. Does anyone know what this might be? Is it electrical? is it a vacuum thing? spark plugs? fuel pump? These are all things that I saw mentioned in another forum. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Is it ok to drive the car like this, for a little while anyway? Or will it damage something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

conozo
06-26-2016, 06:21 PM
First i would get any codes read for free at an autoparts store, then post them here. Even if you dont have a check engine light on, you can still have codes.

Also i am curious, was it hot the day you stopped in the store? When you turn off your car the engine compartment can build up heat to much hotter than it is when you are normally driving.