PDA

View Full Version : Aging Hippie Reserecting 1988 accord hatchback LXI

W7ETA
06-27-2016, 08:02 PM
I'll start reserecting my 88 lxi soon. Bn sitting around since it threw timing belt at 101k miles.

Been reading thru site looking for ideas on how to compensate for the AC's drag on acceleration. With it running it was difficult to blend in with traffic going 80-90 on I-10 interdtate between phoenix and here in t'son. The 100F temps do NOT help the problem!!
Bob

nastytee
07-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the forum!

5 Speed Speeder
07-20-2016, 04:43 AM
on the interstate, especially straight and boring interstates like i-10, i usually go 55-65 and stay in the right line with the windows open. i removed my a/c so i can go fast if i want to... not really a solution for you, but there are times where going slow is better in my opinion. it's really funny when people think they can make you speed up by getting right on your ass, i just turn all my mirrors away and watch everybody pass me. we're all going to die at some point, a lot of people on the interstate seem like they're racing each other towards the grave.. but that's just my perspective :bandit:

Dr_Snooz
07-23-2016, 07:01 PM
The old Dodge K-cars had a module that kicked the A/C compressor off if you were hard on the throttle. You could do something similar, or just turn off the A/C until you are up to speed. That's what I've always done.