PDA

View Full Version : guys with the xenon kit, i need some help

GDGuy11B
05-23-2002, 05:56 PM
hey, does anyone happen to have the directions on how to put the front part on? they only sent me the directions for the rear, and side skirts for a two door and 4 door. I know it's pretty self explanitory, but i would like to have it anyways. If you could scan both sides and email it to me or photocopy it and mail it to me, that would be great.

Micah

87AccordsterLx
05-23-2002, 09:07 PM
yeah!!! I want to see pics after the install!!!!! I want that kit so bad... Where did you buy yours from???

YK86
05-23-2002, 09:30 PM
Well, you can take those instructions and burn it. LOL. Don't use the double sided junk tape they give you. Roughen up the bumper with rough grit sandpaper (make sure you only do the parts that will be covered up) and do the same in the inner side of the body kit. This is to get the glue to grip to a roughened surface. Then instead of the tape, use urethane glue (sold at autostores, usually for glueing windshields) and run a nice strip maybe 1/2 an inch from the top and then all over the place on the lower parts. With the help of a friend, stick the kit on. Now you can either get it to hold with some kind of tape (clean and easy method but might fall off when unattended and may not stick really tight to the body). Or use 1/2 inch self tapping screws every 3 or 4 inches along the top. Make sure you don't go too deep of it will leave a dent. You'll have to get the holes filled but atleast you know it is stuck on really good. You need to leave the screws in for about 24 hours. Wipe off any urethane glue that squeezes out right away with a wet towel.

GDGuy11B
06-11-2002, 06:16 AM
thanks yasu...sorry about replying so late, i've been gone for 2 weeks...

87accordster- i got the kit from Impact Parts.

Micah

89NinjaAccordLX
06-11-2002, 05:30 PM
I got the double sided tape holding it on and havn't had problems yet. it was put on by me and eric May 18th.

toastyghost
06-14-2002, 09:33 AM
Check out the "how to install a urethane body kit" in the Howto.

89NinjaAccordLX
06-15-2002, 12:39 PM
Oh another thing... if you use the tape, you can EASILY take it off and do work on your car. Good luck taking off your sideskirts to expose the jack supports when the sideskirts are GLUED on. Mine arn't even taped on actually. The only things taped on are the front and rear bumper. And with two screws in each, they hold on NICELY. Eric took off his whole kit and re-aligned it after we finished putting on mine. He'd never be able to do that with glue.

GDGuy11B
06-15-2002, 08:23 PM
so exactly how are your side skirt attached? i was wondering about the "jacking the car up" problem...that sounds like an easy way to get around the problem.

Micah

89NinjaAccordLX
06-15-2002, 09:32 PM
The sides are held on in four areas. One screw in the front wheel well, one screw in the rear wheel well, and the two door jams hold the center stable. To jack the car up, you have to take out all of these screws and it IS a bit annoying, but worth it if that's the only kind of jack you have.

YK86
06-16-2002, 03:19 AM
Well, I think the other Ninja and another member Alphabets had their front air dam fall off on them and I know the roll they gave me wasn't very good. I don't have problems jacking up my car. The bottom of the skirts are not glued on. It's glued along the top half and the piece that goes up the front fender.

HostileJava
06-17-2002, 04:37 AM
I had a body shop put mine on since I got it to replace the one that was damaged when I rear ended somone and the front had to be pulled out anyway and they only used like 6 screws to hold it on and they garaunteed (is that spelled right?) me that it wouldn't come off.