PDA

View Full Version : 88 Accord DX T-stat housing

strayed
06-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Hey guys,

I broke a bolt off in my housing so I need a new one. I f'ed the treads up pretty bad. Cant find one on ebay or rockauto. This is my only car too. Its the part where the sender unit and EGR stuff go into. I live in willow grove PA btw.

Oldblueaccord
06-30-2016, 05:48 PM
Hey guys,

I broke a bolt off in my housing so I need a new one. I f'ed the treads up pretty bad. Cant find one on ebay or rockauto. This is my only car too. Its the part where the sender unit and EGR stuff go into. I live in willow grove PA btw.

Take the housing off and get the bolt out and retap the hole. 8 mm or what ever it is. If you cant you can go the closest size standard it wont hurt anything.

Worse case through bolt it with a nut on the backside.

I got one of these from the dealership about 5 years ago brand new.

strayed
06-30-2016, 06:06 PM
What size are the bolts btw? I broke mine and lost the other. All the manual says is 6 x 1.0mm.

Oldblueaccord
06-30-2016, 08:05 PM
What size are the bolts btw? I broke mine and lost the other. All the manual says is 6 x 1.0mm.

10mm head so 6 mm sounds right. I would not trust my memory.

I retapped mine years ago for some standard size that was very close to the hole and used Stainless steel bolts. The machine shop I worked at part time only did standard stuff so thats how we fixed it.

strayed
07-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Im wondering what the length would be. I wish the book told me that.