PDA

View Full Version : How do i remove my

franks89sir
01-25-2003, 09:02 AM
ok i want to take my head off and i was wondering where the bolts are to take it off and do i have to take of the intake manifold i was looking in my chiltons manual but it doesnt say how the reason y im taking it off is to get them ported and polished ur guyses input would be nice

ACCORD EX
01-25-2003, 11:07 AM
i would recommend downloading or buying the service manual !
to download > the link is in the faqs ! :)

MIKE

Blue Impact
01-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Well, I've never done it before, but I would guess, coming off in order: valve cover, block, intake manifold, then the head.

AZmike
01-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Well, I've never done it before, but I would guess, coming off in order: valve cover, block, intake manifold, then the head.

Remove the block second? I'd leave the block mounted in the car and remove just the head. I've heard it's easier to remove the intake manifold after pulling the head. I'd do exhaust manifold, intake manifold bracket, valve cover, remove head from block, then remove intake manifold from head.

87accordHB
01-30-2003, 09:23 AM
i am removing mine also to get to my pistons to see if i did more damage than i think i did. i siezed a piston and i can see it from the bottom(took off oil pan)and the piston is all scored and there is metal flakes in my oil in the oil pan :(