PDA

View Full Version : Great way to start the weekend

gugumachi
01-25-2003, 09:27 AM
You know something is awry when your back end is 8-10 inches closer to the curb than you left it. :crying:

http://home.fuse.net/slstoeck/huh.jpg

http://home.fuse.net/slstoeck/crash1.jpg

http://home.fuse.net/slstoeck/crash2.jpg

Well, on the bright side it could have been a lot worse. My neighbor backed into it, and of course there isn't a scratch on his chevy truck. I'm taking it out this afternoon to get an estimate, so let's hope for big $$$.

<edit>
Ha, I just noticed that he's coming up the street in that first pic, it's the maroon truck.
</edit>

isadisa
01-25-2003, 09:56 AM
That sucks, but at least you found out who did it and he is going to get it fixed (or at least pay for the damages)

Maybe he was coming up the street to try and take your car out again, but you were out there taking pics and it discouraged him:) j/k

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-25-2003, 10:00 AM
That SUCKS!! His insurance is covering it though, right? Sure hope so! lol. Sorry to hear it bro

eww...look at all that road salt...yuck!

SiR
01-25-2003, 10:03 AM
Road salt, what is this road salt you speak of?

Hell, I dont even know what snow feels like!!!! LOL

gugumachi
01-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Yeah, his insurance is going to cover it. As for the salt, my car is not as bad as some I've seen. They salt the roads like there's no tomorrow here. She'll get clean as soon as it gets above freezing.

Jims 86LXI HB
01-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Awe man I feel for ya guy, man that sucks. Your right, what a way to start a weekend.

blazin3gen
01-25-2003, 08:16 PM
man that sux how did u find out it was him? confessed?

gugumachi
01-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Yeah, he knocked on the door and told my parents. I wasn't awake yet so they had to break the news to me first thing.

accordlx
01-26-2003, 04:52 AM
What part of Cinci do you live in Gugamachi? We'll have to meet up sometime.

gugumachi
01-26-2003, 08:53 AM
Technically, I'm across the river in northern Kentucky right off I-471 but it's just easier to say Cincinnati. I'm disappointed I missed that last Cincy meet, maybe we'll be able to get something going after it thaws out here.

Grant2k
01-26-2003, 12:04 PM
that's the same thing that happened to my girlfriend. her neighbor's jeep rolled out of their driveway in the middle of the night and hit her in just about the same place. they fixed it but conveniently left some stuff out (brake light sensor) so i'm working on that. and of course, there was no damage to her neighbor's car.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-26-2003, 12:38 PM
gugu,achi............... are you like 1 hour away from lexington?

gugumachi
01-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by iloveJDMblackrims69
gugu,achi............... are you like 1 hour away from lexington?

If it's just me driving then I can make it in an hour but if I've got people with me I try to slow it down a bit :cool: Usually it takes about an hour and half. And thanks for the heads-up about that brake light sensor Grant, I'll make sure they get everything when they fix mine.

johndej
01-26-2003, 08:30 PM
that sucks, good thing you don't have to pay to get it fixed. that would suck to wake up to "oh, someone hit your car last night"

Grant2k
01-27-2003, 07:23 AM
the brake light sensor is the little black box on the back of the light (inside the trunk) the plugs onto a small wiring harness. it is a series of relays and jumpers that not only connects light to the power source, but it is the sender for the light on your dash to tell you when a light is out. just so you know what it does.