PDA

View Full Version : On a budget, and on a mission.

B0CKS
07-13-2016, 05:14 AM
Hey everyone, I recently got a '88 DX coupe, and am looking to bring it 2-3 inches closer to earth- but I'm looking for some insight;

I've got a fairly good grasp on the general products we're "allowed" to use, Tokicos, H&R springs, Cheddas and Belsteins (or however you spell it), but I (like I assume many of us here) are on a relatively tight budget, and would like to know if there's a middle ground for all of this, I'm not building a race car, but I'm above savagely cutting my springs, I just want to do it fairly right. So if there's a budget combo of shocks and lowering springs, camber adjustment kits, I'd love to know what it is!

I found this thread; http://www.3geez.com/forum/project-central/77583-honda-mans-official-86-lxi-hatch-build-thread-2.html with the mention of "EF civic fuction form type 1 coilovers" which look like the perfect middleground in terms of price and ability, but I'm really not much of a fabricator, so if it takes a lot of modding to mount the hardware, I don't think I'd quite be up for it.

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated!