PDA

View Full Version : lxi heater control

LIL'LXi
01-25-2003, 09:54 PM
on my '87 lxi, I have the control in the center of the dash that if you flip the switch up it is supposed to bypass the heater and blow cool air in. when I flip it down it still lets cool air in. is it supposed to or do I have a flap sticking somewhere? It's like 10 degrees so I would like to get this straightend out.

ACCORD EX
01-26-2003, 02:57 AM
i never figured this switch out ! i guess it doesn't work in my car !

MIKE

'89AccordLX(Rus)
01-26-2003, 06:02 AM
Hello,

The center vent switch has two differently colored arrows on it. The way I always assumed it works is the blue arrow indicates conditioned air(heated/cooled) while the white indicated non-conditioned air. Somebody with manual would be able to explain it better I think. :D

Hope this helps.

Whitehonda
01-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Well funny I saw this,

I always wondered what that switch did until the cold ass morning. I had my heat blasting, and I had the switch flipped to the bigger blue arrow. I felt a cold breeze comming from the center dash vents, I switched back to the white arrow and then the cold breeze was gone. So I am thinking that it makes a direct link to outside cold air, and doesn't pass through the heat exchanger. Also I have noticed that with many Hondas air blows threw the vents all the time when the "fresh" option is selected reguardless if your blower is on or off. When you select "rec" (recirculation) you only get the air comming from the inside of the car, and if your blower is off, you get nothing at all. So thats anther thing to try. Hope that helps!!!

Cameron