PDA

View Full Version : 1987 DX Hatchback

fr0ggie
07-17-2016, 01:28 PM
So here's my 1987 Hatchback DX. At some point in the poor thing's life it was swapped with an A18A and had a billion vacuum leaks, busted radiator, dead water pump, and just little things when it came into my life.. She's rust free. Amazing for an Ohio car... So it begins ;) I've missed having a 3g in my life

--

A month or so after I got it, i hit a deer... So we went to florida, got hood and head lights -- a new fender to replace the one that was ugly when I got her...
---
Then we "cleaned up" the vacuum mess -- removed a bunch of old and broken vacuum components and dozens of lines --

---
And now it runs good.. Looks ugly-ish.. But soon as I find interior and get some tint -- we'll do paint and body.....

---
Anyone every thought of getting LineX done on their 3G? i've seen some pretty sick stuff done in it (like this)

---
And this leads to my biggest hope -- that some of you will have the parts I need ;)

*** WANT TO BUY ***
A20A3/A4 head, intake w/ fuel rail injectors etc
A20 pistons (pref. forged normal bore)
A20 cams?
A20A3/A4 engine harness?
A20 AC compressor bracket?
Pushbutton climate controls with AC for 3g?

Comment below or PM me if you have any of these things and are willing to ship. Thanks!

fr0ggie
07-17-2016, 01:30 PM
7626 -- This will be replaced with either the PGM-FI DPFI throttle body I have.. or an A3/A4 intake if someone sells me one soon ;)

nastytee
07-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Can't wait to see how everything turns out! Good luck man!

fr0ggie
06-23-2017, 08:40 AM
Terribly long time no real progress.. Due to voltage reg failure my fuel pump and a few other DC powered accessories got cooked.. including my AGM battery (which is now swapped out). Rather than keep fighting with stuff falling apart, we're going to be pretty much completely disassembling her over the next few weeks and setting things in proper order.. Wish me luck!

Honda#1
06-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Good luck! Looked forward to it getting fixed up and swapped to fuel injection.

tof
06-24-2017, 06:15 AM
Good bones. Also looking forward to watching it progress. Too bad about the deer. Did the deer have liability insurance? Or were you on your own for repairs? Oh, well. At least you got to replace that wrinkled front fender. Nice find on the panels.

Honda#1
06-24-2017, 08:27 AM
So here's my 1987 Hatchback DX. At some point in the poor thing's life it was swapped with an A18A and had a billion vacuum leaks, busted radiator, dead water pump, and just little things when it came into my life.. She's rust free. Amazing for an Ohio car... So it begins ;) I've missed having a 3g in my life

--

A month or so after I got it, i hit a deer... So we went to florida, got hood and head lights -- a new fender to replace the one that was ugly when I got her...
---
Then we "cleaned up" the vacuum mess -- removed a bunch of old and broken vacuum components and dozens of lines --

---
And now it runs good.. Looks ugly-ish.. But soon as I find interior and get some tint -- we'll do paint and body.....

---
Anyone every thought of getting LineX done on their 3G? i've seen some pretty sick stuff done in it (like this)

---
And this leads to my biggest hope -- that some of you will have the parts I need ;)

*** WANT TO BUY ***
A20A3/A4 head, intake w/ fuel rail injectors etc
A20 pistons (pref. forged normal bore)
A20 cams?
A20A3/A4 engine harness?
A20 AC compressor bracket?
Pushbutton climate controls with AC for 3g?

Comment below or PM me if you have any of these things and are willing to ship. Thanks!

https://thisoldhonda.org/classifieds-2/show-ad/528/updated-1986-honda-accord-lxi-for-parts-or-restoration/macomb/illinois/us/cars-for-sale/

Check out the link. Not sure what your limits are but if you're willing to travel the distance, the car is $300 and can be used for parts. It runs too just transmission has no rth and reverse and its an auto. Also underside is badly rusted but has many good parts. Check it out if you're interested.

Dr_Snooz
06-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Welcome! Good luck with your project.

K20_3g_awd
07-08-2017, 01:28 PM
I can sell you my engine and trans for 400 along with ecu I'm in Oviedo Florida I have a hatchback