PDA

View Full Version : Polish/rejet/vac removal?

3rdGenFanatic
01-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Does anyone honestly think that if I removed my vac lines, rebuilt and possibly rejetted my Klein, and polished my intake manifold, that I would have in increase I could feel, perhaps even a double digit HP increase? I'll have to direct this one towards the carb gods...

ACCORD EX
01-26-2003, 03:00 AM
weber ! ?

MIKE

A20A1
01-26-2003, 03:43 AM
don't polish the intake manifold... the odd pits in the casting help kick the fuel into the air. anywho rejetting the keihin is not something that you can do with a turn of a screw like the weber carbs.

Stock keihin jet sizes I will try and post as I figure them out.
these are only aproximates...

- Main Venturi (~20.5mm)
- Main Booster Venturi (?)
- Secondary Venturi (~28.5mm)
- Secondary Booster Venturi (?)
- Primary Main Jet (~1.40mm)
- Secondary Main Jet (~1.60mm)
- Idle Jet (0.42mm)

I also did some rethinking... The emulsion tubes are visable when you remove the top hat... and the air correction jets are in the top hat itself. the secondry air correction jet is right inside the hole of the top hat then an internal vacuum line leads out into the secondary barrel, facing at about 35 degrees.. where as the primary air correction jet can be unscrewed. It sits at about the same 35 degree angle facing the primary barrel when the top hat is installed.
This is why all the air controll vacuum lines can be removed and pluged with little effect on the main air correction function. Having the air jet controller installed will help save gas, but may restrict power a little.

don't drill the emulsion tubes. don't drill the air correction jets!!!

- do drill the idle jet, if it's possible to make it a 0.50mm or a 0.55mm
- do drill the entrance port to the accelerator pump jet, leave the exit port into the barel as is.
- do reshape and drill the secondary main jet. maybe to (1.80mm)
- do polish the barrels and increase the Secondary Venturi to (~30mm), leave the booster venturi as is.

3rdGenFanatic
01-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Gotcha. thanks A20.

shepherd79
01-26-2003, 05:00 PM
mike you will have to post pictures and show us where are all this jets, because i am lost.