PDA

View Full Version : well what do you guys think

hondaman87
01-26-2003, 03:27 PM
well this is what i'm thinking on doing to my car

BUT not in this color I 'm using the same color of my car but a higher mettalic

A20A1
01-26-2003, 03:47 PM
nice... but is the front of the bumper going to stick out that far in the middle on the finished project?

hondaman87
01-26-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
nice... but is the front of the bumper going to stick out that far in the middle on the finished project?

nah

but now i made alittle change

hondaman87
01-26-2003, 05:11 PM
the doors are goint to be more like this

RobT5580
01-26-2003, 07:28 PM
Sweet but dont know how practical that would be on a daily driver and i dont know about the headlights. but props for being different.

StUpiD8000
01-26-2003, 09:05 PM
I was and still am looking into that door mod. And are those R33 headlights?

hondaman87
01-26-2003, 09:24 PM
nah they are the new angel eyes

89bumblethumper
01-26-2003, 10:17 PM
damn...those are going to be fun to mod into the 3gee

Coroncho80
01-27-2003, 08:29 AM
How much is all this gonna cost ya??

87DXHatch
01-27-2003, 01:00 PM
I think it's been discussed like a million billion times that doing any sort of gull wing doors on 3geez is going to be nearly impossible due to how the car is designed.

You'd have to take it to a shop and get the frame all re-inforced and shit like that... very expensive, very impractical, very dangerous (the door, when closed, completes part of the car's safety engineering that protects you in a crash. Modding the doors like that defeats this engineering).

markmdz89hatch
01-27-2003, 02:20 PM
mad props out to you for the ideas, but IMO those lights are too curvy for the sharp lines of the 3G. I like the bumper idea as long as you keep it sharp and don't smooth the lines too much. As for the gullwings in the 1st pic, I'm glad you chose against 'em. Our A pillar is way too small and weak to support the weight of a door at that angle, however, the lambo style is something that is possible, but it's going to cost you. As said before, it's not the hinges, etc., the real cost will be in reinforcing the frame a little.

As for headlights might I suggest a 01+ jetta or a newer Audi A6.

Those will flow real well with the lines, but give a little bit of a curve which will match with the custom body kit you've got.

joshuabrack99
01-27-2003, 03:22 PM
tight- it's okay to have dreams dude- we all do- but just try to remember whats practical and whats not- good luck

hondaman87
01-27-2003, 06:30 PM
well I'm not goin for the gull wing I'm going for the jack knife door like the one on the civic

and in term of reenforcing the metal thats no problem i work in a body shop and I been doing this for 7 yrs ( autobody) and all the work I'm doing it it self like all of the other things that are on my car as you all seen in the past

but on that pic is just what it might look like after some time and some decisions to make
but I'm still undicited on doing this mod, but if I get enough props I might do it,
there are other crazy Bastards in here and I wanna be one of them ( LOL)

Chubs87Accord
01-27-2003, 10:35 PM
i like the doors (from second pic), headlights.. but the body kit has to go.. its not gonna look right and you wont be happy.. the kaminari or eurabani kit would probably go better with the look.. the color might no tbe teh right choice either.. but you can figure the color out last so... anyway, thats my opinion.. but really if you want to be really happy with a body kit.. stick with the ones that are made for the car same gen.. dont get a 4th gen or something..