PDA

View Full Version : Time frame on a auto to 5 speed swap

87accord
01-26-2003, 05:13 PM
If i have a good mechanic work on my car like hard core how long did it take u guys to do the swap>
any ideas would be great@!

Ya also if my friend did work on my car he does have air tools and a lift in his garage!

dXsquared
01-26-2003, 05:24 PM
i need to know too... im goin to be swappin in about 4 weeks, so i would really like to know... i am guessin 2 days if you have a parts car to take the stuff from... not just a bunch of parts from a junkyard and less if you have a lift and air tools

Travis

maka_RTH
01-26-2003, 07:25 PM
well, we did my rineds clutch, and by the time that took, i'd say it'd take maybe an extra hour or two to bolt on the pedals and shift linkage, and ditch the auto shifter. maybe a little more. and it took us prolly a total of 17-20 hours to drop the tranny, do the clutch, and put it all back together.

YK86
01-26-2003, 11:48 PM
If you worked on it for 2 days (like spending most of the day doing it), it should be enough time. The tough part is the pedals/brackets and the fine tuning of the clutch cable and stuff. Just make sure you have the flywheel already resurfaced and the parts all lined up to minimize downtime and unexpected trips to the junkyard.

Grant2k
01-27-2003, 08:02 AM
talk to Mark. he did his himself i think.