PDA

View Full Version : ut oh brakes?

Maydnaella
05-23-2002, 07:13 PM
Okay so I just bought an 88 Lxi and as I'm driving it home the brakes nearly go to the floor before stopping. It didn't do it when I first left the guys house but then halfway home it started doing it. Soo...what's my solution? Rather, what's the problem?

89accordhb
05-23-2002, 07:26 PM
2 Possible problems ... I have had both:
1) Bad master cylinder, check brake fluid level and check for pedal rise when you pump the brake (~$300 fix at dealer)
2) You need adjustment of the rear drums because they partially control pedal ride height. (~$30)

Hope it is #2! :banghead:

AccordChemist
05-23-2002, 07:30 PM
first i would check the brake fluid level and then try bleeding the brakes, you may have air or a leak....try them and if theat dont fix it then something might be wrong with your master cylinder...

oh yea, you finnaly got a new car huh? lxi too...how you like the extra horsepower with the lxi?

Maydnaella
05-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Yeahhhh I feel the difference from the DX! I just hope I don't have a big issue with the brakes. When we test drove it around the block it didn't do it but then for a longer distance I noticed it. If it's a big deal I'm just gonna take it back to the guy and see what we can work out. He was pretty nice and knocked off $50 for the O2 sensor, whatever that is. Anyway...yeah...hopefully it's not a big deal cause I like the car! :-P

marc49
05-23-2002, 09:21 PM
if it didn't do it right away, I am thinking low brake fluid, but everyone knows I am not the most mechanically knowledgable
:rolleyes: