PDA

View Full Version : New Member-Travis

Travmeister1
07-30-2016, 01:55 AM
Yo, people! Name's Travis, and I am obviously new to 3geez, and am currently trying to get a white hatchback accord that's for sale near my town. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so a close friend of mine introduced me to this site. I am putting in the time to learn how these beautiful machines work, so hopefully one day I can be more self reliable, and to turn my future accord into a fun, new hobby!

Dr_Snooz
07-30-2016, 09:47 AM
Kudos to you for willingness to learn. This is a great resource that will point you in the right direction. Welcome!

MessyHonda
07-30-2016, 01:10 PM
welcome

Travmeister1
08-24-2016, 06:14 PM
So I got my car! She's pretty clean for only being 600 bucks. She's an 87 lx-i autmoatic; I forgot to mention! So far, my pal taught me how to remove the door panel and clean the window tracks, and I got them to work a lot better. We changed the valve cover gasket, and plan to change the oil pan gasket because its leaking a small amount. I bought a new timing belt, alternator belt and tensioner, and put in a new alternator. Him and I have been going to the junkyard at varying times everyday in search for parts for a 5 speed transmission swap, and just today I got a pedal box for it. I have yet to get the other parts that are still in the scrapped 87 manual he found at the junkyard. It's one hell of a car, and I'm glad I bought it, and that there's an entire site of helpful people and good forums!

Pico
08-24-2016, 07:43 PM
Enjoy your 3rd gen Accord..it's definitely one car that I miss having around

2ndGenGuy
08-25-2016, 01:19 PM
:welcome: