PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord 2.0i-16 from Greece!!

Lok
08-01-2016, 02:59 AM
Maybe the only operational Accord 2.0i-16 in Greece!!! as Honda dealer never inported this version on Greece. This is my 3rd Honda, I have also a CRX vtec and one additional 3Geez Accord ex 1.6 (of my father).

I found this Accord abandonated in one field in island of Lesvos from a retired naval captain..enjoy!!

MessyHonda
08-06-2016, 05:33 PM
very nice. i hope its manual

senna89
08-07-2016, 06:52 AM
GREAT CAR!!! More Pictures please! And it has the B20 A2 with 137 HP... Great!

Tdurr
08-08-2016, 11:56 AM
amazing!!!

Lok
08-10-2016, 01:42 AM
Many thanks guys for your comments. Yes is manual, the previous owner told me that he imported it from Belgium. Thankfully hasn't got A/C - cruise control -ALB (standard equipment for most EDM DOHC Accord)?!!!! so is superlight and superfast!!

My CRX vtec is tuned 249whp, one of the most powerful street N/A Honda in Greece, and I’m still amazed how torqy is the Accord especially on low-mid rpm!!! (Probably because of 95mm stroke!!) I need to dyno it..

Senna yes, originally was equipped with B20A2 engine, but previous owner changed the engine to B20A1. He told me that its original engine started to burn oil at some point (and he changed the whole engine, rather than rebuild it??!!). The car has 270.000km.

Some photos I took, during the laser alignment I performed on Accord:

2ndGenGuy
08-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Wow it looks great for being an abandoned car. Did you do any restoration on the body? Or did it just clean up really nicely?

Tdurr
08-11-2016, 07:11 PM
looks beautiful man! I wished mine looked that great!!

Lok
08-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Thank you, no I just cleaned it up. The only I did on exterior is to replace the headlights and front bumper small light (both from passenger side) as were broken and remove from rear the hitch (the tow hook, Car must got lighter by almost 30 kg (66lbs)....

There is some rust on rear fenders and on both sides of sunroof but is not visible on photos. I need around 1000 euros to fix it and I am planning to do it on 2017.

This year I spend almost 1500 euros on servicing the engine (with everything oils, filters, timing belt, alternator belt, valves adjustment, checking everything), a lot of work in front suspension (we changed almost everything upper- lower wisbones, various links and cv joints - everything with original NEW Honda parts), the above exterior minor repairs and New tyres - New battery.

The electrician also repair a lot of Cables (including those giving Electric current on injectors and those connecting the distributor with ignition coil) as a lot of mouses were living in the engine bay....

Thankfully rear suspension, front-rear struts, braking system and transmittion-clutch system were in excellent condition!!..

The whole Car I bought it as it was (abandoned) for 700 euros (around 800 US dollars)..

Lok
08-12-2016, 12:08 PM
looks beautiful man! I wished mine looked that great!!

Thank you Tdurr, but you are joking us....I just checked your coupe thread and photos and is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. I wished to had 3geez coupe here in europe...with pop-up lights :-) :-)

Tdurr
08-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Haha thanks but it has a lot of dents & rear fender rust(really small spots) yours doesn't need to have water on it to look good :p