PDA

View Full Version : and the winner is an 88 Lxi 4 dr

Maydnaella
05-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Ok guys, I found the car and I bought it! It's a black 88 Lxi sedan. I WAS gonna shop around some more but when I saw it I loved it and so I brought her home. I'll post some pics tomorrow cause it's too dark out now. K but now I need to be brushed up on my knowledge. Is it carb? FI? And why does it sound like it's still on after I turn it off? (fan running I know, but should it? weird)

The interior is kinda dirty though, the people (2nd owners only who bought it back in 94) had kids so there's kid stuff (food, drinks, crumbs) in some spots but mostly just shoe grime I think.

A20A3Power
05-23-2002, 07:47 PM
wooohoo! Lxi is fuel injected..and u got the 88-89 model..so u get 120 hp! hehe 10 hp over the 86-87 models....the i stands for injection..i guess...lol....yea the shoe grime should come right up tho..i scrubbed at mine for a while..and she looks good as new...:D

AccordChemist
05-23-2002, 07:52 PM
congrats on the new car, cant wait to see pics. yes its fuel injected, dont you feel the more power it has over your old dx? and on lxi's when you shut them off the fan stays running for 15 minutes, so thats all good. new floor mats should hide the shoe grime! :p

Maydnaella
05-23-2002, 08:36 PM
sweet. yeah I felt the difference when I drove it. It picks up speed better. Now, I just hope the brakes aren't a big deal. Probably take it to the dealer tomorrow for a looksee.

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-23-2002, 09:11 PM
WooHoo! My identical twin! Yay :D :) :p I'd say you made a good choice going with the LX-i over a lower model. Don't you love all the power stuff? And a sunroof too! Glad you were able to find something you liked. The stains should come up with some Blue Coral "Dri Clean". This stuff works wonders, trust me :). Or a mixture or water and amonia (sp?), and a little carpet shampoo if you have some, also works real well on stains.

How many miles are on it?

Enjoy your new 3g!

Maydnaella
05-23-2002, 09:24 PM
Hey! cool! :D We just bought that dry clean stuff the other day for my guy's civic (my candle melted on his back seat! eeek. got it all out though) I'll have to try it out tomorrow and see if it gets the black stuff out. I drove with the moonroof down. ahh..nice. hehe I love all the power stuff. I think it has 150k miles on it but I have to double check. It's got a new battery and tires, had the transmission done like 50k ago I think he said and the timing belt replaced at like 100k.

YK86
05-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Congradulations! Good choice of car and color. Black is a pain in the ass to keep clean but it looks sweet when it is clean and shiny! As for the fan, it's normal. I think the 88-89 LX-i/SE-i only had it because I know my 86 EX-i doesn't.