PDA

View Full Version : new a20a3

SiCReX
01-27-2003, 03:50 AM
ok im kinda tired of lookin for all these other engines that are so expensive to install and put together, I think what I'm going to do is buy another a20a3 engine and mod that, then if I want a race car I will buy a race car instead of tryin to turn a family sedan into a dragster. could someone give me a price range I could be lookin at for a good motor I would appreciate it. would an a20a3 from the 88-89 lx-i work since it does have more hp? whats different that it has more hp?

Also, all of the sudden about a week ago my car started running a litle weird like the engine was making a little knocking noise when i accelerate sometimes. It don't really seem any slower and It's not too bad so no one can really hear it but me cuz i know what my car sounds like and what to listen for, but it kinda sounds like a semi truck and I dont know if this is bad or what or if maybe its my intake because after I put my intake on it, it didn't make any sounds like this(thats what I thought it could be) is my engine finally dying? or should I try some 91 octane instead of 89? any ideas? oh and I checked my oil and It is nice and full and it aint too dirty either. (sorry for so many questions)

Metro
01-27-2003, 07:37 AM
how many horsepower does the a20a3 got? I've got a a20a4 that have 122hp, whats the diffrence between the a20 engines?

SiCReX
01-27-2003, 09:24 AM
i think i meant a20a4... damnit now I dunno what to do, could someone tell me what engines would fit right into my car without any special mounts Besides the B20... like another accord engine or something thats better than 110 hp. if it is posted somewhere then lemme know plz.

RobT5580
01-27-2003, 09:45 AM
No its the A20A3 and its around 120hp i dont know the exact # but its about that so nothing different. The Sei has a different cam/computer so its a tad higher. SiCrex I would either buy a rebuilt long block or try that place i mentioned in the next post cause it was a nice motor and worth the money. Swaps are with out a doubt more money because of the swap parts or simply rebuilding them. I can say though you can spend a lot rebuilding even the A20A i spent about $1300 when i did the JDM but i should have just did the timing and water pump and i would have been fine.