PDA

View Full Version : Good Ol' Accord

TORSnoopie
01-27-2003, 08:36 AM
LoL I'm new guys just wanting to let ya'll know what is going on with my accord. I finally finished the drop on it, and puttin the rims on and all and yesterday at about 6:00 my cv joint broke on the right side (sitting inside the car) and the tranny locked up. Right now I have the car parked in my driveway until I get the money to fix it. If anyone knows a good place to go to get any parts for this car let me know. I've had this car for about 5 or 6 months now and I've done hella lot of work to it and brought the 1/4 mile time to a 16 and I don't wanna trash it because of a simple mechanical problem. If I can I will post pictures of my 3rd gen accord soon so ya'll can see the work I put into it. Also I have a turbo-charged b16 with the 5-speed tranny, jdm computer, and all to do a swap over, should I just do that instead of fixing what is wrong with it right now?

Neuspeed87lx
01-27-2003, 07:54 PM
you have a turbo b16 ready to go ? and everything else to do the swap ?! what you waiting for do the swap ! ... and damn in your sig it says you lowered your car 3.75 inches? wow slammed... and if you want you can send your pics to me and ill post them for you ... [email protected]

shepherd79
01-28-2003, 06:48 AM
wait a minute, he can't jut swap the turbo b16 into carb car.
you will have to convert to EFI or get EFI accord.

TORSnoopie
01-28-2003, 10:15 AM
I have all the stuff to do a swap, In order to do a carb. to efi swap you gotta upgrade the fuel managment system (fuel pump, etc.) and a couple other things, it isn't too hard to do, just time consuming. Yeah the car is slammed real low, I scratch on everything...LoL..I'm thinking about raising the car a little like maybe .50 or .75 of an inch to allow for some clearance. I will take pictures as soon as I finish all the work I need to do in order to make it move again..LoL....