PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm

MrBen
01-27-2003, 11:10 AM
I got an Alpine car alarm off a friend, I think the model number is 8020... not sure on that (I'm at school right now). I've called around and places want around 120 dollars to install it. I paid 50 for the alarm. Is it hard to install one? I don't have the instruction manual.

pmip
01-27-2003, 12:17 PM
As long as you know which wires connect to where, it shouldn't be too hard. I've installed 3 differant alarms on my 3g, and it was pretty straightforward. It can be time-consuming though (depending on what you need or want to hook up - trunk-pop, keyless entry, ignition disconnect, etc will take more time).

MrBen
01-27-2003, 04:17 PM
How does one find out which wires are what on my car?

pmip
01-28-2003, 09:02 AM
I think most of the new alpine alarms are connected like this:
Yellow - Main battery connection (+)
Red - ignition (+)
Black - Chasis ground (-)
Blue - Siren (+)
Orange - Starter interrupt (+)
Yellow/Red - LED (+)
Red/White - Valet/Disarm (-)
Brown/White - door pin switch (+ or -)
Green/White - Hood/trunk pin (-)
Blue/Yellow - Domelight (+ or -)
Yellow/White and White - Parking light outputs

If you want more info, go to the tech center at www.alpine1.com (you may have to register)

Here's where you can find the wire colors and locations for your car:
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/wires2/showmodels.asp?modelid=12640&Submit1=Get+Wiring+Details

Mike's89AccordLX
01-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Have fun with that trunk pop. I was told it's a bitch to install trunk pops on hondas. Or it's a lot of $.

pmip
01-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Have fun with that trunk pop. I was told it's a bitch to install trunk pops on hondas. Or it's a lot of $.

When I installed mine, it wasn't that hard. It took maybe 45 minutes to completely install it, and it was only like $20 off ebay then $5 for the relay. Maybe I just got luck or something...

MrBen
01-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks. My car alarm is 10 years old.. it has 4 sirens and a ton of crap. It also has some ignition killer. I'll see what I can do. I'm not about to spend 120 bucks though unless I have to.

MrBen
01-28-2003, 05:43 PM
I know I had a link that sold the manual for that car alarm. I cannot find it anywhere. Its the Alpine 8040 Car alarm system. If anyone can help me out on this one it would make me really happy.