PDA

View Full Version : How can i fix my instrument cluster.. Stuck on 0 MPH

Panda20a3
08-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Just bought a LX-i coupe 1989 a few days ago. I have been trying to find online how to repair my instrument cluster since its stuck on 0 MPH. The rmp works and the other guages work so any help on how i can fix this is greatly apprectiated

Samwise
08-30-2016, 07:54 AM
Broke or unhooked speedo cable.

Dr_Snooz
09-08-2016, 07:26 PM
^^^ that. The cable end has a single spline. It is possible to install the cable into the trans without that spline falling into the groove in the trans. If you do so, the speedo won't work. Pull the cable at the trans and line up the spline with the groove.

MessyHonda
09-10-2016, 09:51 AM
best way to see if you speedo cable is broken is to take of the cluster and see if the cable moves when driving. if not its just like a 30 dollar fix at the part store. just make sure the cable is still in the speedo sender on the transmission because they tend to come off.

5 Speed Speeder
09-28-2016, 02:44 PM
speedo cable also wont work if the power steering fluid is low

noidea24
10-02-2016, 08:36 PM
speedo cable also wont work if the power steering fluid is low

This makes no since. I have completely eliminated power steering in my carbureted and fuel injected accord and both speedometers work flawlessly

MessyHonda
10-08-2016, 07:27 AM
This makes no since. I have completely eliminated power steering in my carbureted and fuel injected accord and both speedometers work flawlessly

the speedo sender relies on power sterring fluid to keep lubed. also uses the hoses to see how much assist to give at lower speeds and higher speeds.

Panda20a3
12-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Thank you so much i know im a little late but i think power dteering might be the issue since it always leaks so fixing that today also how do i check if its hooked or pluged into the transmission