PDA

View Full Version : Cat resonator?

honda88mike
01-28-2003, 10:39 AM
I found this thingy called a cat. converter resonator made by Toucan Industries and Reactive. It said that it just replaces the cat. converter and by resonate I assume it amplifies the exhaust sound. Has anyone heard of this? I saw it in Import tuner and on www.toucanindustries.com.

dXsquared
01-28-2003, 11:03 AM
can u get a direct link... i cant find it on the site

Travis

87AccordsterLx
01-28-2003, 12:00 PM
hmm.. I dont think that there is a cat. converter/resonator in one.. if thats what you mean.

Whitehonda
01-28-2003, 06:32 PM
My understanding of what a resonator is an insulated section of pipe that bolts in where the stock cat was. Your muffler is a resonator, they are designed to REDUCE noice, not amplify it. I looked at getting one, but I just got the strait pipe to replace the cat. I soon found that with my setup it was just too loud!! Then I went and bought a "high flow" cat and I have been pretty satisfied since.

Cameron

SiCReX
01-29-2003, 05:42 PM
ya the one on the site is just a high flow cat but they have a different name for it. i'm assuming it reduces noise a little more because its also supposed to be kind of a resonator i guess...

Grant2k
01-29-2003, 06:22 PM
we sold those where i used to work. they are just a convenient section of pipe that replaces your cat. it's just like replacing your cat with a straight pipe. i think it might have some glass packing in it, but i doubt it. i never got a good look at one. they aren't that exciting.