PDA

View Full Version : leaks

Sm0kin
01-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Where are the most common places for oil leaks to occur in the 86 honda accords? My car has alot of oil leaks. Replaced the rear main seal, and the valve cover seal.

shepherd79
01-28-2003, 11:39 AM
oh the back, where the oil pan filtration thing. i don't know what is the name of it. anyway, there is a rubber hose, mine was hard as rock and it was leaking oil bad. it is hard to find the replacement, so you better have second car to drive around to get a part. i just used heater hose and 4 clamps.

2old_honda
01-28-2003, 12:57 PM
front and rear main seals, oil pan gasket, distributor o-ring, oil drain plug, cam cover gasket, the thingy that the oil filter screws on to. thats all i can think of.

ACCORD EX
01-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
oh the back, where the oil pan filtration thing. i don't know what is the name of it. anyway, there is a rubber hose, mine was hard as rock and it was leaking oil bad. it is hard to find the replacement, so you better have second car to drive around to get a part. i just used heater hose and 4 clamps.

i need to change that one too ! damn ! :(

MIKEs

AccordEpicenter
01-28-2003, 10:31 PM
the big thing is that freaking valve cover gasket, youd get oil coming outta that thing from the wierdest places.