PDA

View Full Version : How do i install a headunit without the original wiring harness connector??

SMITHACCORD*&
01-28-2003, 04:48 PM
I recently got my first 3gee well she was in destress. but i got her running now i am in the process of installing a system. well i have all the speakers set up and subs and the amp. But one problem i am stuck on how to put my headunit in because i do not have the original connecter on the stereo wiring harness it is just wires so i am stuck. Someone please help me..:sadwave:

dXsquared
01-28-2003, 04:52 PM
just wire it... i have installed about 10 stereo systems in my life... about 6 or 7 didnt have a harness... you just run wires...

Travis

there are factory wire color codes in the FAQ if you need these

SMITHACCORD*&
01-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks man i appreciate it. If i get the color codes for the wires is it possible to still use the stock wires?

dXsquared
01-28-2003, 05:35 PM
yes... if you are using deck power, it will be ok... but when you run a subwoofer, use a big powerwire to the battery to the amp and a new remote powerline off the new deck or the fuse box

Travis

if you have specific questions, tell me the kind of stuff you have and are installin and i will give u a hand

86hatchbackLXi
02-13-2003, 09:55 PM
if you buy a wiring harness you will be all set, most stereos use the same codes, its common sense wiring it up:

White=left front +
White/Black=left front –
Gray=right front +
Gray/Black=right front –
Green=left rear +
Green/Black=left rear-
Violet=right rear +
Violet/Black=right rear –
POWER/ACCESSORY
Yellow 14ga=battery main/memory
Yellow 18ga=battery CeNet power/memory
Red=accessory (ignition on)