PDA

View Full Version : feedbacks on PR. EVERYONE SHOULD READ

wickedaccord
01-29-2003, 10:37 AM
for those who want to use PR mounts. i must warn u that the rear mount is badly designed. i recently literally tore out the mount out of the back cross membrane. so ofcourse i had to get a new one. the mount is strong.. but the way it is bolted down to the back cross membrane., it isnt very sturdy. i recently got it welded on cross membrane and is holding very nicely. i highly suggest that whoever does this kind of swap.. get jus the back mount bolted on and welded. as for the other mounts.. it is holding nicely.. but im still iffy about the passenger mount becuz it is being held by 10 and 12 bolts.. i remember 3 10 bolts and 3 12 bolts. ofcourse if it were size 16 bolts atleast then i wouldnt worry. but will my clutch and the parts i put in to the motor. it gets very scary when shifting to second or when dumping the clutch. there's a lot of jerking and pounding. i jus dont want to break something for driving my own car like i stole it and regret for racing so stupidly. but ofcourse it might be different with a stock motor. but even though, i still wouldnt trust it. as for everything else.. it's holding jus perfectly.., i jus hope the axles dont go out on me.

:bow: jon

RobT5580
01-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Damn i actually heard bad stuff from a guy at the local Honda dealership that races and he said he has heard a lot of bad stuff about PRI but i didnt beleive it. I saw Steve's (88Lxi68) mounts up close and they looked nice but i guess sometimes the whole bolt on thing is not good enough. I wouldnt mind welding it to be on the safe side but i opted to go with a B20A swap instead. I would have the passenger side welded to just to be safe cause if you damage stuff PRI is not gonna cover that.

PhydeauX
01-29-2003, 01:05 PM
What grade of bolts did you use? I have 2 6mm bolts holding my driver's side mount togehter. I replaced the stock bolts with some grade 8.8 and they haven't given out yet. I won't say that I'm making as much power as you but thats also 4 less bolts. I'm assuming you're sizing the bolts by their heads. The bolts acutual diamert is usually 4mm smaller then its head. Your 10s are problaby 6mm and the 12s are probalby 8mm. When the back mount riped out what happend, did the bolts break or did the threads srtip?

andy

wickedaccord
01-30-2003, 05:09 PM
the back mount literally ripped out. the cross member doesnt even have threads.. it's actually like a bolt and nut set up in the back mount. becuz i remebered i actually bolted 2 more extra bolts to keep it even more sturdy. but that didnt even work. as for the 10 and 12 bolts.. sorry dont know whether it's 8mm or 4mm. it's OEM honda bolt. but as for the back mounts.. they r 14 bolts. i guess i may jus have to get the passenger mount welded also. hope these PR urethane mounts hold up a long time. late

jon

dXsquared
01-30-2003, 05:12 PM
is a B20 a direct drop in for the car???

Travis

carotman
01-30-2003, 05:15 PM
The passenger side mount is basicaly there to hold the engine in place, it doesn't have much torque on it. Our accords don't even have ones...

dXsquared
01-30-2003, 05:27 PM
so is it direct swap? c'mon MR b20! if so... i think i want one

Travis

YK86
01-30-2003, 06:54 PM
You're not a newbie DX, you should know the answer to that ;) You need the rear mount bracket for the JDM B20A. The rest will work. The front mount is slightly different but you can get away with using the A20.

dXsquared
01-30-2003, 07:43 PM
ok... i might be gettin a civic with a ZC swap... maybe... if not... i might even get the B20 for my next accord... but thanks... i havent been lookin at them cuz i wasnt interested!

Travis