PDA

View Full Version : what else can i do to this stock???

military mase
01-29-2003, 10:54 AM
I just did a tune-up on my car >NGK plugs, neuspeed wires, and in the proccess of getting headers and hi flo cat put on. I have a carbed and it is an auto but at this time don't want to go thru with doing any mods like 5spd change or things of that sort. Just want to keep what i got.......need :help: fast thanks!!!

A20A1
01-29-2003, 11:45 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=23

check out that forum it has lots of info.

military mase
01-30-2003, 09:53 AM
thanks for the info but i have one more question i have 2 things that are probably easy to fix and but don't know what it is. First when the car has been sitting and is cooled down(always in the morning) when i start it up i can smell fuel coming form the exhaust and once pump the gas til it goes to normal idle it goes away. Is it running to rich??? And also there is a pinging noise when the engine is running. It sounds like it's coming from the valves or in between the valve cover and the carb i can't really tell. I know on the 1st question there is a thread on here about it but can't find it. thks

military mase
01-30-2003, 10:05 AM
OH yeah , by the way if it is running rich where is the rich and lean screw. Me and my buddy tried to find it and couldn't.

A20A1
01-30-2003, 03:26 PM
its not burning the fuel properly when the motor is cold. or its cause the choke is closed durring start up which is supposed to make the car run rich. I don't suggest you adjust the fuel mix screw. As for the pinging... it may be the valves. but if it's pinging from detonation then checkt he ignition timing... it may be advanced too far.

military mase
01-31-2003, 06:55 AM
is that pretty normal for the car because of how old it is?