PDA

View Full Version : Put lots of new shit in my car :)

TJ89Accord
01-29-2003, 01:36 PM
I was sick of my stock stereo. Pissin me off. So I bought a Pioneer Premier DEH640. But that wasn't enough. So I bought a Zapco AG350 amp, and 2 12" JL W3V2s. Shit slams. I got very very nice prices too :). It's nice workin at a stereo shop, too bad we are closing :(. I'm gonna get component speakers for the fronts, and some new speakers for the rear. It's really annoying haveing to readjust my mirror though, stupid bass moves it all around. I will get pictures as soon as my sister comes back home with her Digi cam. Well, I'm off to work again.

tim

87DXHatch
01-29-2003, 03:11 PM
ZAPCO!!! Drooooool!!!

I had a chance to buy the 1000 watt Zapco monoblock for around $250 a while ago... too bad it was right before christmas and I was broke :(

That sounds like an impressive set-up. I'd like to hear it. Do you have the JL's ported or sealed? What freq. if ported too please... :D

What products does your shop carry?

shepherd79
01-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Zapco???
does anyone have link to their website?

TJ89Accord
01-29-2003, 08:14 PM
www.zapco.com lol. The JLs are in a ported box. I put one 15 W3 in there at first, and the thing was friggin loud as hell. Then I was like, let me check the ohms on it, it was at 2 ohms. The Zapco isn't 2 ohm stable when bridged :(. Good thing i looked before i blew the amp up. I kinda like the 1 15 better. I'm paying 250 for the box and the 2 12w3v2s. I payed 240 for the Zapco Amp. And I payed 100 for the CD player. Good prices if ya ask me. Oh, I dont know what frequency the box is, I actually dont know too much about that stuff yet. Maybe you could help me out with that. Its just a 2 12s ported mono box. We had a bunch of them, kinda like a generic 1 size fits all???

Ill get pics soon, maybe tomorrow, cause my sister is back now.

tim

87DXHatch
01-29-2003, 09:30 PM
I'd be willing to bet the Zapco could take 2 ohms bridged as long as you didn't drive it too hard. Those things are built sooooo well... and a lot of really high end amps (Zapco, Monitor-1, Arc, Brax...) can take lower loads than they are supposed to... just put a fan on it ;)

If you know the total volume of air in the box, the volume of air the subs displace, and the total volume the port takes up and the square inches of it's opening, I could tell you what frequency you have it at.

!!!WARNING!!! Because it is ported, DO NOT!!!!!!!!!! play test tones down underneath, let's say, 25 hz. Doing so can EASILY blow your subs. Once (if) you find what frequency it's tuned to, then you can know how low you can play... you don't want to play much below tuning frequency. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your stance) most music doesn't drop that low, except test tones... so just be careful ;)

TJ89Accord
01-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Cool, I dont even know that airspace of the box. Maybe I should just thrown them in a sealed box?? I know that you get a few dBs out of a ported box right? But you dont get as clear or punchy bass.

tim

shepherd79
01-30-2003, 05:09 AM
it says that it will handle 2ohm in stereo mode but in bridged mode it will handle only 2ohm.
you can try hooking up at 2ohm. it won't fuck up the amp. if it starts cutting out change to 4ohm.

TJ89Accord
01-30-2003, 03:00 PM
Yah, I had it hooked up to a 15W3 That was wired at 2 ohms. That sub pounded too. Oh well, I'm pretty happy with my 2 12s :).

tim

Ill take pics in a few, i gotta go eat now.:super:

TJ89Accord
01-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Pics of the setup here. I took em at night, so they are not all that great.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12994

tim