PDA

View Full Version : headlight, fan and flasher ground

smufguy
01-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Yep, like the title says, i need to know where exactly the Ground for the front two headlights and front bumper and side marker grounds are. I also need to know where the ground is for the cooling fans.

The efi differs from the carb on the engine wiring as you know and i am efi.

I need to know where the ground is on the car, as in a pic would help. also i need to know what number the ground is.

Thanks for helping me out.

HELP: I also need to find out how to put a transparent border on a pic using Photoshop. :) :wave:

smufguy
01-30-2003, 10:06 PM
seems like no one knows it huh? that sucks, even the shop manual does not seem to provide good info.

cruznz
01-31-2003, 01:03 PM
on my 86 ,the earths go to a small junction box(connector)..thats bolted to the chassis right next to the battery....theres about 6 or so earth wires going to it....

smufguy
01-31-2003, 08:05 PM
i gotta look into that, thanks anyway dude. atleat you came forward.

cruznz
02-01-2003, 02:25 AM
cant find a number for the ground in the chiltons book....but near as i can tell....the grounds are common between the years of our cars,(in the same place), using a multi-meter on the diode function will confirm whether its the junction box(connector) that the earth lead/s goes to

88LXi/87CRXSi
02-01-2003, 05:43 AM
The ground that Pete mentioned is called G100, should have a white connecter w/6 black wires. There is also another ground, G102, on the left side, behind headlight. Both of those appear to be the grounds for the things u asked about. Tried to scan a pic but it was to dark to see.

-Steve

smufguy
02-01-2003, 07:02 PM
with work and classes, my prcoess has been stagnated. I still am not sure about the ground, My dumb head needs to see a picture. sorry to be a pain in the ass, but considering the money i spend, i guess i dont want anyone else to do it.

cruznz
02-01-2003, 07:18 PM
i'll try to get a pic tonight

smufguy
02-01-2003, 07:29 PM
nah man, its fine, take your time. u dont have to go and do it at night.