PDA

View Full Version : f!@!##$ vaccum leak

SiCReX
01-29-2003, 05:57 PM
ok would you guys plz help me out on finding a leak. dont say "just replace all your hoses" i aint doin that, they are fairly new still, I think i just messed some(or 1) up while messin around with the engine. first of all, which hoses are the ones for idle speed, my car never idles below 1500 now. Also, my car revs up about 250 or so then falls, like alot of peoples do, but i still hate it. But I think that might have somthing to do with my brakes because whenever I push on my brake pedal my rpms go up a little and then when i let go it does that shit, even sometimes after i rev it it does it. I also tried to take off the little cover on the back side of the intake manifold but the pos screws were made of plastic or somethin and I stripped them pretty bad, I think its called the warm air valve controller or somethin to that affect. any help would be cool, thx.

SiCReX
01-31-2003, 06:49 PM
k you guys SUCK!!!!!!!!!

88accordlxcarb
01-31-2003, 07:14 PM
Dude give people time. It's friday night and most people are not sitting in front of their computers ready to answer yours every demand. I would stop acting like a total fucking asswhole and maybe some nice guy will answer your question... :wtf:

smufguy
01-31-2003, 08:51 PM
easy there with the attitude fella, you want some help, gotta have patience. u dont want this to stick with you and ppl using this to describe you.

anyway, the engine revvin up when u brake is due to vaccume leak from your brake booster to your manifold, check to see if its good. The big thick hose.

engine reving up on warm up esp this cold is normal, but 2500 seems kinda high for your efi.

What exactly did you mess with?

SiCReX
02-01-2003, 01:37 PM
first of all i left that post THURSDAY night before i went to bed not friday night, and the second post i left on saturday morning before i went to bed... you dont gotta post if you aint gonna help. and i wasnt mad I was kinda buzzin still, but It's just that when i see 23 views and no replys thats gay.

k back to the subject... I just had my master cylinder changed like 6 or 7 months ago should I tell them to fix whatever is wrong with it? (they gave me a lifetime warranty). I know that when the engine is cold it idles fast but im talking about al the time at like 1500 never stops... and neither does the revving shit either, everytime im at a light i watch the tach go up and down, up and down, up and down. oh yeah also the bitches when they changed my master cylinder they disconnected my cruise control Im not sure how to make it work really... which vaccuum hose needs to be connected to it? I connected one to it and it revved all high and scared the shit out of me. when i said it goes up to 250 i meant 250 rpms not 2500... talkin about the revving.

SiCReX
02-01-2003, 01:39 PM
"asswhole" haha

smufguy
02-01-2003, 07:50 PM
okay the reving and falling under constant stand is because of another problem. It could be because of two things.

reason 1: fast idle valve also called as Cold idle valve. This is situated on the very side of the Throttle BOdy. Its the one with two small coolent hoses going to it.

reason 2: Electronic Air Control (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1987&catcgry3=4DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=THROTTLE+BODY+%28PGM-FI%29) (unit #9). Its located in the front of the TB as shown in the link.

as for the cruize control vaccum line. Look at your throttle body from the driver side. u see 2 columns and 3 rows of vaccum lines coming out from your TB (this is based on a 88-89 model lxi, i dont know if its the same for 86) anywayz, the cruize actually goes on the 2nd column 2nd row. thats where the vaccum for the cruize goes. The 1st row, 2nd column is blocked shut.
hope that helps.

shepherd79
02-02-2003, 05:53 AM
well, you have EFI, so it is easy to work with. look under the driver seat (from behind), it should have somekind code. than go to how to section and find computer codes.
most likely it is one of your sensors that failed.

smufguy
02-02-2003, 09:36 AM
if you unplug the cruize vaccum line and forget to block it shut at the TB, the ecu does not throw any codes, atleast mine did after the conversion i pulled out the Cruiize module and the engine bogged like crazy and yet the ecu did not put any codes out. Then i looked for vaccum leaks and found out that i forgot to block it.

SiCReX
02-02-2003, 04:43 PM
yeah it aint throwin any codes... if it was it would give me the PGM-FI light on the intrument cluster anyway. I think the screws i stripped WERE for the fast idle valve i have no way of opening it now!!!!!! SHIT!!!!!! ok now i know which line you are talking about comming out of the TB but I cant find any hoses that are just laying around 'waiting' to be connected to the cruise control thing... now from the TB do i connect the hose to the kinda white connector for the cruise???

rocky2
02-02-2003, 05:39 PM
It seems to me your problems arose since the master cylinder was replaced. Try plugging up large vacum line to power brake booster and then try brakes,but don't go far and drive slow cause it won't stop as good. If it improves idle its either a bad booster or the rubber gasket between the brake booster/master cylinder was left out.