PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lamp Light

Longevity
05-23-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, the check "brake lamp" light came on today on the dash. I just check all of my brake light (at night) and there is no bulb that is burn out. What could be causing this light to suddenly come on when no bulb is burn out? Could it be a blown fuse or electrical gremlin? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

ACCORD EX
05-24-2002, 01:44 AM
as far as i know this light comes on when you pull your hand brakes ! it does that with me ! :confused:
the small light at the end of the car figure in the dash right ?

MIKE

1988starter
05-24-2002, 04:45 AM
I think he means the one behind the little ar that shows open doors. Check your back up lights they might also be connected to that circut but I am not sure.

shepherd79
05-24-2002, 05:02 AM
well, it is eather the hand brake switch is broken or he needs to add brake fluid.
if it is the brake light on the car figure and the none of the lights burn out( check again, accord has 2 brake lights on each side and one in the middle behind back window)
i had the same problem, none of my lights were burn out but i had brake light on, it was the unit that mounted on the light itself. i am not sure what it's name. went to junk yard $5 and it is working fine.

accordboricua
05-24-2002, 07:32 AM
If all your break lamps are working fine, the check your brake fluid level. I guess that should be it.

Longevity
05-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by 1988starter
I think he means the one behind the little ar that shows open doors. Check your back up lights they might also be connected to that circut but I am not sure.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. It turns out that one of wire on the rear right connecting to one of the bulb is kinda loose and is causing a short shorting. The problem is solve by soldering back the wire together. Thanks for the help

1988starter
05-24-2002, 05:46 PM
no prob:D