PDA

View Full Version : Can i use bondo to shave my emblem and squirter holes??

Chrome_thangs
01-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Before i paint my car i want to shave the word "Honda" & "Accord" off of my trunk and the windshield squirters off the hood. I was in the auto parts store and i saw an orange tube of bondo for pin holes ans nicks. could i use this to fill in the holes? Will it crack a year from now?

NOAHS88accord
01-29-2003, 08:47 PM
I used bondo on my emblems on my trunk and it hasnt cracked or anything, I would recommend using fiberglass repair kits instead though just cause I dont trust bondo. Although it has worked so far for me, I plan on taking it off and using fiberglass

Noah

pearldrop
01-30-2003, 07:52 AM
It would be just as easy to grind the paint off (you have to anyway for the bondo to work) and take it to a body shop to weld the holes. It will only take them five minutes and shouldn't cost much more than $20. I think it is worth that to know that it isn't going to fall out and ruin your new paint job.

MrBen
01-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Why would you want to get rid of your squirters? Just get the cobra eyes or something and it would look cool. I want to take my emblems off too.

pearldrop
01-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Why would you want to get the cobra eyes? They look terrible. I don't know why you would ever want to draw attention to washer squirters... they aren't exactly the most attractive part of a car.

Chrome_thangs
01-30-2003, 06:08 PM
:lol Ya, i know I have cobra eyes now, and i hate em! Every farm truck and school bus got em! That's why i'm ditching them. I might just go get them welded. Would they have to sand it smooth and everything. Wouldn't there be ridges?

MrBen
01-30-2003, 07:05 PM
I don't know why you would want to bondo the squirter holes over. When you have a nice big messy poop splat in the middle of your windshield maybe you will think back and remember how nice it was to have the squirters there.

Chrome_thangs
01-30-2003, 11:30 PM
I'll pull over at a gas station!

dXsquared
01-30-2003, 11:34 PM
u live in GA... u dont have snow and shit like that! he lives in WA... snow is there...

Travis

pearldrop
01-31-2003, 08:03 AM
I wish we got snow once in a while. We are lucky to get four inches a year on the west side of Washington. It is the end of January and it was 55 degrees yesterday. I went without washer squirters for seven years and it never bothered me. If I got a big poop splat on my windshield I would stop at a gas station and clean it off, not smear it all over the place with my wipers.
The only time it did bother me was when the roads were wet and it wasn't raining. The road grime would just build up on the windshield and make it hard to see. But that didn't happen very often.

MrBen
01-31-2003, 02:07 PM
Pulling off at a gas station takes more effort to fix an otherwise simple problem. Flipping a switch versus pulling your car off, getting a cleaner and scrubbing it off. What if it happened in the middle of nowhere, you going to use your tounge?

pearldrop
01-31-2003, 04:01 PM
Oh man, I sure wouldn't want to use any effort to keep my car clean.

What I did with the Prelude was to use the washers off of a Cadillac. They attach to the arms of the wipers and spray directly on the windshield. You can also just remount them down under the hood to spray upwards if you need them that bad. I never did.
ΡΡΡΡΡΡ

MrBen
01-31-2003, 06:54 PM
That's a good idea.

And as far as keeping your car clean, I dont know about you, but scrubbing off bird shit isn't too fun. I'll take any chance I can to avoid that in my regular car washings. But since you're in Washington I'll tell all the birds to come over and see your car :D

88 Accord DX
02-02-2003, 12:27 PM
shaving your squirters isnt really that big of a deal. just find one of those things at the gas stations that you use to clean you windshield (squeegee?). i found one at a garage sale for 50 cents. if you cant find one just steal one from a gas station late one night. then get an old spray bottle or water bottle and fill it with the magic blue stuff. put both in your trunk and have fun.

pearldrop
02-02-2003, 07:44 PM
I just can't remember the last time I got bird shit on my car at all. It never seems to happen to me.

MrBen
02-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Why bother? They are there at no hassle to you. Press the lever. Wow! Oh my gosh. Liquid comes out. And you don't have to get out of your car! What a deal.

If you ARE going to shave them, I'm with pearldrop, get the ones on the wiper.

I quote, "I went without washer squirters for seven years and it never bothered me. If I got a big poop splat on my windshield I would stop at a gas station and clean it off, not smear it all over the place with my wipers."

Well apparently you did get poop on your windshield at one point unless that statement was a lie.

Chrome_thangs
02-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Hey man, why are you so against shaving tht squirters:lol
It's nothing personal!

MrBen
02-02-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm not actually. I find it amusing that people put up such a fight about it. People are just stupid in losing the squirters altogether. If attached to the wiper then thats way better. Im not against shaving them at all.

Y3G
02-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Shave them but weld up the holes.put the squrtiers under the hood.but one thing i do in the summer is remove the wipers(its dry in the falls in the summer)