PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Want To Buy Another 3gee

HondaBoy
01-29-2003, 09:12 PM
i have put this off for a long time. well i went over there and they told me to come back. i went back and the owner was home. they had to get a battery cuz its was dead. it started right up. it was quiet and idled just right. they let me drive it and it was very quiet and smooth. the tranny shifted smooth like new. they told me it had been repainted about 2 years ago. the only things it will need is a power steering pump that they will replace if i decided to get it. the other thing thats wrong is the driver window dont work. its either a bad motor or the switch which i think it is. they said it worked a month ago but im not sure. i could easyly fix that though. other than that it runs near perfect no smoke and everything works besides what ive said. its has 104000 some miles. they want $1750 for it. also it has a cracked windshield. im sayin i will pay about $1000-$1400 and no more than that.

Elijah
01-30-2003, 02:39 AM
What model and year is it.

RobT5580
01-30-2003, 06:50 AM
Just be careful with some cars cause shit adds up fast and i put way to much money into my other accord to keep it going. My new one i bought was in the best shape that i have found one to be in and i have not had to put a penny into repairs. Its getting a new B20A motor so i wasnt gonna touch the motor or fix anything and it was great so far.

HondaBoy
01-31-2003, 07:13 PM
o i forgot to tell the year and model. its an '88 LX-I. the sunroof dont even leak or nuthin. i will have to replace the windshield but my friends dad knows how to do that and will do it for either realy cheap or for free. i can get a used near perfect windshield for about $30. and the driverside window doesnt work. if its the switch, i can fix that. if its the motor i can easyly fix that too. and it mostly overall looks great and had good pick up when i pushed the gas. also the motor mounts are still good so thats something that usually goes with these cars. and for the airconditioning, i believe it works because a few months back they were useing it in the hot Texas weather. little things like the bumper blinker housing is broken but isnt in need of a new one to be legal. i can probley get one for $5 or less. if i dont decide to get my '87 fixed, i will probley sell all the parts off of it and take what i want, like the arm rest. i believe those are hard to come by but i still want it.

johndej
01-31-2003, 07:34 PM
i'd say offer 1500 if they don't go for anything lower.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-31-2003, 08:17 PM
thats not bad......yea id go for 1500............I JUST SOLD MY 3 GEE TODAY for 1300 and im sad:( lol

HondaBoy
02-02-2003, 11:08 AM
i think i have a good chance of buying this 3gee cuz im like the only one that knows about it being forsale. mostly cuz when they did have it sitting outside thier house, they didnt leave it there but for a few weeks. now its in their back yard. i want to sell my wrecked 3gee for parts but i dont know how to go about it. like maybe i should sell it to a junk yard?

Jims 86LXI HB
02-02-2003, 11:54 AM
My 3g was wrecked in july and I finally was able to part with it in december (sat in my drive way all that time). I already knew that the junk yards wouldn't pay much at all for the car, but it was time for it to go (sniff sniff). So I opened up the phone book and called a junk yard place that made home pickup's. They came to my house (only took a few buck's off their price to come out) and hauled it off for me. I got a check for $65. (yes I called other places, that's all it was worth around here). Besides, I'd parted it out as best I could.

Still have the front pinch forks, I'm going to eventually shorten them as a lowering experiment.

87accordHB
02-02-2003, 12:40 PM
where in tx are ya? and what kind of car is that you wrecked? holla at me..im 4 hours north of houston ..i might be interested in what you have to part out. also..is that 3g you are wanting to put a Hb, 4dr or coupe? (pray its a coupe..i love those)

HondaBoy
02-16-2003, 09:28 PM
well im thinkin i wont buy that '88 LX-I. its a 4 door. my grandma is gonna pay for the '87 to get fixed. they said it wasnt that bad at all. i live in corpus christi. its near kingsville. its kinda by south padre island. so it kinda far from where u are 87accordHB. if i do decide to part out, i will let u know but it looks good for my car now. have u ever tried pick-a-part in houston? my uncle goes there all the time and says they are quite resonable and have some good shit.

87accordHB
02-16-2003, 10:45 PM
well i dont live in Houston anymore. I live in Kilgore/Longview Tx. But i was just in Houston this past weekend. Never been to Pick-a-part. I know exactly where C.C is :) been there. fun place:) get some pics of your car bro. before and after! take care
holla