PDA

View Full Version : Okay... How fast can I make this?

jazdrumz
10-14-2016, 04:40 PM
(Almost) Theoretically speaking, how fast can I make my 89 Accord DX? I know a guy at work who likes to K-swap everything, but I hear the B-swaps are easy in these cars. Can I fit a turbo on a b-swap? Originally I was just going to build this all for looks and keep my 90 bhp carbed dx motor with a rumbly glasspack, but I started thinking it would be a blast to make this a sleeper. Basically something to mess with guys in their plug and play v6 Camaros and Mustangs, you dig? The labor doesn't scare me, and the $$$'s I'm hoping under 2000 in upgrades, but again this is (partially) theoretical. Any ideas?

Shane86
10-15-2016, 11:52 AM
I don't know much about the b swapped money-wise what it would cost. but I'd probably put a price tag around 4 or $5000 to turbo one of these cars to do it right considering you would have to convert to OBD1 and fuel injected. I may be wrong but you can't put a budget on turboing one of these

2ndGenGuy
10-17-2016, 12:34 PM
$2000 could probably get you there without the turbo. Depending on where you get your parts, if you rebuild your motor, etc.

Tdurr
10-26-2016, 07:27 PM
idk if you could do a b swap for 2k. I know for damn sure not a turbo one for that much. B-swaps are the only(currently) swaps that have mounts made for the chassis so keep that in mind. If you got no problem doing fab and wiring just do a h22. would be alot quicker if you did h2b rather than basic b swaps imo.