PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

InAccordance
10-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Going to pick her up tomorrow, so pumped!
89 LX
Already rebuilding the old weber and gathering parts.

Anyone happen to remember the site everyone used to buy the adapter plates? I need new gaskets and I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of the website I bought it off of was...

2ndGenGuy
10-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Any Weber distributor can get them for you.

REDLINE - Serving the U.S., Canada, Central and South America for over 30 years (http://www.redlineweber.com/)
CARBS UNLIMITED INC. carburetors including Weber Edlebrock Holley Quadrajet (http://www.carburetion.com/)

eBay, etc.

InAccordance
10-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Actually just got a roll of make your own and did that, problem solved!
Thanks for the reply though :cheers:

InAccordance
10-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Got er put together today, starts and runs fairly well, but wont idle to save it's life.
Thinking vacuum leak somewhere, triple checked all the holes on the manifold and everything is sealed up, got to be in the plates (yes, I plugged the coolant hole).
If I close the choke almost fully by hand, it idles just fine, soon as I let go and choke is open, stumbles until dying.
Yay carburetors!

2ndGenGuy
10-20-2016, 12:32 PM
If the engine is cold, then it's expected that it will run like crap if the choke isn't engaged.

If you've let the engine warm up to where the fan has kicked on, then how does it idle? Everything has to be warmed up, including the carb and intake manifold, or else you'll need choke. Timing also needs to be perfect.

You also need to make sure you follow the Weber Lean Best Idle guide to the T. If you skip a step, or say "close enough" it will just give you problems. Plan on spending a couple hours getting it tuned right.

InAccordance
10-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Choke engages and is functioning as it should.
When cold it's running on fast idle pretty well.
When it warms up and choke is open full, idle is bouncy and if I close the choke by hand at a certain point the idle smooths out and is good. Let go of choke and it bogs down and bounces.
Pretty much tells me there is a leak somewhere.
Carb was used on another accord of the same model and yea, had spent a ton of time getting it tuned right and had it doing great.
Going to pull the plates and see if something got stuck inbetween them or if my gaskets tore during install.

InAccordance
10-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Pulled plates and everything looks hunky-dory. Did the ol carb cleaner when its running thing and found no vacuum leaks other than a touch around the throttle shaft (as expected).
Does run a little better after resetting the plates though.
Does have a massively loud whistle when secondary opens (Like make your ears hurt loud), feel like it's pulling too much air and not enough fuel.

Found my collection of jets so going to drop in some bigger ones, see if that helps.

oh, and upper rad hose sprug a squirter :facepalm:

InAccordance
11-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Fuel pump was going bad, swapped er out and she runs like a champ.

InAccordance
12-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Cant for the life of me remember who it was did the valve cover. I know it was a member of the site here >.>
but yea, there she is, still need to clean it up and block off the exhaust stuff, but she's running strong now.