PDA

View Full Version : Tourists Crashed my Accord

SiR
01-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Damn tourist and their driving skills!!! Canadian tourist driving their rental Lancer decides to stop cuz he "got scared" from a car on the other direction. Whatever, he slames his brakes, I had no where to go and and I slowed down my best, locked the tires and rear-ended the Lancer. I'm just going to see what has to be done tomorrow morning about the car and get a estimate. This didnt happen on I-95(worst drivers training area) or downtown Miami, but on my backyard in West Broward. Damn bastards...

It could have been a lot worse, no one is hurt, thank god. Oh well, just gotta keep going...

SiR
01-30-2003, 07:15 PM

SiR
01-30-2003, 07:15 PM

SiR
01-30-2003, 07:16 PM

88LXi68
01-30-2003, 07:16 PM
I hope THEY are paying for the fix.

SiR
01-30-2003, 07:17 PM

dosh8er
01-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by AccordSiR
Damn tourist and their driving skills!!! Canadian tourist driving their rental Lancer decides to stop cuz he "got scared" from a car on the other direction...

:huh:

Bobs89LXi
01-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
I hope THEY are paying for the fix.

Unfortunately in most states, the driver who hits the rear end of another car is at fault. They may have been spooked and slammed on the brakes, but the insurance company and police will say that you were not paying attention to traffic ahead. It is basic defensive driving.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
01-30-2003, 08:20 PM
dude!! That sucks!! But Bob is right!! The only way you can fight this is via the court system!! And that is only to prove insurance fraud on the other partie. The point!! You are out of luck!! This will be coming out of your own pocket good luck!

86AccordLxi
01-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Nooooooo!!! Not your car!!! I LOVE your car...i'm really sorry that all this happened. Good luck with everything.

alex

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-30-2003, 08:50 PM
NNOOOOOOOO!!!! :crying: :crying: :eek:

It can't be! I LOVED your car! I'm sorry to hear that happened, and yes you're right -- stupid tourists :mad: . Doesn't look too bad though (alot better than mine was! lol). Is it drivable or did it bust the radiator too? If you end up fixing it yourself and need any help, you know where I'm at.

Good luck with it!

OldSchoolSwap
01-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Bummer :(

At least you didn't total it like i did.:sadwave:

anchovies
01-30-2003, 11:41 PM
damn....
but it doesn't look that bad

pimp86LX
01-30-2003, 11:58 PM
i hope this doesn't give you a bad view on Canadians in general, we like everyone has its share of horrible drives

sorry bout yur car :(

Jareds 89 LX-i
01-31-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
i hope this doesn't give you a bad view on Canadians in general, we like everyone has its share of horrible drives

sorry bout yur car :(
...And most all of them end up in south Florida :D . Seriously though (and I don't mean to offend anyone, this is totally true), down here 9 times out of 10 any motor vehicle with either a canadian, new york, or new jersery license plate, is gonna be trouble and do something stupid. Mix that in with all the idiots we already have, and well....you get the idea. I see it every single day down here....it's sad :(

Chubs87Accord
01-31-2003, 01:51 AM
that sucks... you should have tried swerving to the right more.. if you about to get in a crash you try to swerve out of the way.. and if its unavoidable you swerve out of teh way as much as you can. if thats all you got over.. you need to stop riding peoples asses, or pay attention more.. i always try and stay like 4 seconds away from the other car in front of me... 6 if its raining.. just incase

Chubs87Accord
01-31-2003, 01:52 AM
hope it doesnt sound mean.. im just tired,.. it is 5 in teh morning and i havent slept yet after all

njpeter
01-31-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi
Unfortunately in most states, the driver who hits the rear end of another car is at fault. They may have been spooked and slammed on the brakes, but the insurance company and police will say that you were not paying attention to traffic ahead. It is basic defensive driving.

will all respects..NO excuse for running into something, unless it happens to be something that crossed the media from the opposite lanes..looks like it was a cheap lesson.

Just takes a second or two at 50-60 to get into some real trouble.

Think it's OK to take your eyes off the road for a second to adjust the stereo?, my favorite reponse to that is :

lemme put your hand into some boiling water..just for a second or two.

People in my neck of the woods are always on each others ass, like a few minutes is going to ruin the day..I let all of these asswipes pass me by..I even get out of the fast lane sometimes..so there they are in a major packof traffic doing seventy..no place to go if somebody loses a hubcap..and I'm 50 yards behind them..in the safe zone without a car around me..hold on a second..gotta crank up the bass....

bottom line?, ego's heal faster then anything else..still got yer teeth?, no blood?, able to walk?..you won! ( if they don't come after you that is)

SiR
01-31-2003, 10:15 AM
I wished that the Lancer stopped for a reason, not because he saw that a car might have crossed his path. Lessoned learn, must assume all cars in front will stopped for whatever reason. January is a bad month for these Accords.

It might be worse then it looks, when i drove it this morning for an estimate, I came back home to see ATF all over my right tire, suspension, and drivetrain. Im going to further investegate this and decide the the faith of my beloved car...

Grant2k
01-31-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
...And most all of them end up in south Florida :D . Seriously though (and I don't mean to offend anyone, this is totally true), down here 9 times out of 10 any motor vehicle with either a canadian, new york, or new jersery license plate
as trrue as that may be, here the cars that cause trouble have plates from Florida, New York, or someplace out west. it doesn't have to do with where you're from, it has to do with not being comfortable driving in unfamiliar areas. people panic when they don't feel comfortable with where they are. it just so happens that Florida is a popular destination for people from this area. half of my family has or does (snow birds, but that's another story) spend half their life in Florida and know the roads they need to know like they live there. i would feel more comfortable in the Deerfeild Beach area than i do in South Jersey because i have been there more. it's just a matter of familiarity. like it was said, every area has their share of crappy drivers.

Blue Impact
01-31-2003, 12:34 PM
Damn, that sucks, man. Just take it to court if you don't wanna pay for it cuz really, it wasn't your fault (according to your story).

SiR
01-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
Damn, that sucks, man. Just take it to court if you don't wanna pay for it cuz really, it wasn't your fault (according to your story).

I rear-ended him, its my fault anyhow, but no ticket and everyone is fine.

I found the leak on the tranny, so its all good, im going to keep my Accord!

1989 DX R
01-31-2003, 09:37 PM
Awesome! Get a cf hood for that baby...one of the cleeeeeeeanest cars on here.

SiR
01-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 1989 DX R
Awesome! Get a cf hood for that baby...one of the cleeeeeeeanest cars on here.

I would do it in a heartbeat, but lack funds...

AccordEpicenter
01-31-2003, 10:25 PM
yeah dude go for it it looks like a fairly easy fix anyways. Canadian drivers suck!!!! I live near the borders and drive the Q-E dub occasionally which isnt bad but in toronto and surrounding cities the drivers suck bigtime. Ever gone 80mph in bumper to bumper traffic??? if you havnt try toronto traffic at rush hour.... yikes.

pimp86LX
01-31-2003, 10:30 PM
lol yeah man, Toronto blows for drivers, it takes me 3hrs to get thrugh the city on the 401

insane!!!

i just get in the slow lane put it on cruise and watch all the insane yelling mad people wizz by :D

Mike's89AccordLX
01-31-2003, 10:37 PM
Your engine looks so freaken clean! (even with the damage) I was thinking is that a fluidyne radiator? I'm sure thats how the stock ones came or something and it just stayed in great shape in FL.

Chubs87Accord
01-31-2003, 10:50 PM
..i like to go in teh 'fast' lane and do teh speed limit, really close to another car in teh other lane doing teh speed limit so teh speed demons get pissed cause they have to obey the law and cant get around :D:D:D

2old_honda
02-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by AccordSiR
I wished that the Lancer stopped for a reason, not because he saw that a car might have crossed his path. Lessoned learn, must assume all cars in front will stopped for whatever reason. January is a bad month for these Accords.

It might be worse then it looks, when i drove it this morning for an estimate, I came back home to see ATF all over my right tire, suspension, and drivetrain. Im going to further investegate this and decide the the faith of my beloved car...

Some cars have a ATF cooler built into the radiator. I dont know if our cars do or not, but if they do it was probably damaged and is leaking fluid.

Vanilla Sky
02-01-2003, 01:05 AM
i have a spare radiator... $50, and in good condition

Derick

Mike's89AccordLX
02-01-2003, 01:14 AM
Does Fluidyne make radiators for our cars? I looked and didn't see them but that doesnt mean they don't make them. I thought I saw like a year and a half ago that they made them for us.

SiR
02-01-2003, 11:20 AM
I found the leak and fixed it, no problem.

The radiator is stock, not Fluidyne, but if you find it, make sure to tell me!

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-01-2003, 04:04 PM
sorry to see that mane

87DXHatch
02-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
..i like to go in teh 'fast' lane and do teh speed limit, really close to another car in teh other lane doing teh speed limit so teh speed demons get pissed cause they have to obey the law and cant get around :D:D:D
Honestly, that kinda makes me mad if you consciously do that on a regular basis. It pisses me off to no end when some retard gets in the fast lane and then doesn't pass the person on the right, or just goes the speed limit or any of that.

I don't know about your state, but in mine it is ILLEGAL to use the fast lane as a normal lane to drive normally in. It's supposed to be used for passing ONLY. However, next to no one knows about this law, and ZERO cops enforce it. (I learned it in driver's training).

If they want to speed, let 'em speed, it's not your decision.

Myself, I've hit 2 people from behind. The first was a shiny brand new Cavalier in my old hatch. She went through an intersection, I looked at the crossing guard, looked back and she had stopped at the crosswalk on the other side. I hit her going less than 5 mph... the only damage was her bumper bubbled up in like one spot that went totally back to normal when it got pushed down.

The second was the one I detailed in the thread "Road rager ass heads" over in the off-topic section. Someone jumped in front of my car on the highway and spiked the brakes.

SiR
02-03-2003, 08:46 PM
So far so good. I straighten the front by a racheting come-along, cables, chains, and a tree! The left fender tip is correct and flows wit the sidemarker again. Just has a few dents, but much better then what it was. Got a left headlight bracket, hood, and bumper at the yard. So far I got the hood and bracket align and ready to paint black cuz their gray. The bumper is the newer 88-89 already black in very good condition. I personally like those bumpers better. I'm very surprised in the outcome so far, cuz I have no body shop skills!

89AcCOrDmike
02-03-2003, 08:55 PM
all this trouble over a 3g, all because of some dumb canadians, now i don't have beef with canadians, cuz i love all my canadian brothers that are representin the 3geez, but man that really sucks, If you ever feel like laughing at some good canadian jokes though, just to lighten your mood, try some terrence and phillip off south park bigger longer and uncut, they keep me laughin!

Grant2k
02-03-2003, 09:06 PM
it is illegal to do that in New Jersey, and i'll honk at you if i see you doing it Chubs. or give you the finger.

i used a come-along and a tree to fix my car when my friend rearended me. i was doing it right in my front yard in my yuppie residential neighborhood. people kept stopping to see if we needed help. it was awsome. glad to hear that your repairs are coming along well.

Project-LXi
02-04-2003, 12:46 PM
Your car looks like mine did back in September when a dear in another lane on the freeway jumped in front of my car as I passed it.

SiR
02-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Well, the hard part is done!! I'm glad to see the outcome of this "restoration" project. I like to thank Jared (Jareds 89 LX-i) for his input and help in getting the car to what it is. Thanks agaion man for your expertice in 3rd Gen Accords.

I'll try to get some pics soon of what it looks right now, what really needs to be painted now is the hood, left headlight cover and the tip of the left fender where it was bent. Now it has chipped paint and little dents, but a lot better now.

Jareds 89 LX-i
02-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Yea it's looking great so far! Everything aligns right like it should, so all it needs is some fresh paint and you'll never be able to tell it ever happened :D . I too think it looks better with the 88-89 style bumper on it. Now if we can only get your electrical thing working...grrrr :lol Oh and I'm glad I could be of assistance :)

SiR
02-06-2003, 05:54 AM
Close quarter view:

SiR
02-06-2003, 05:55 AM
Quarter view:

SiR
02-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Front view:

Grant2k
02-06-2003, 08:31 AM
you did a great job. that would have taken me months. way to go dude.

SiR
02-20-2003, 09:00 AM
I just got back to FL, now to finish up the car, I just have to to a little more to it and its done, hopefully pics soon. Its looking better then it did!

jigga89SEi
02-20-2003, 11:09 AM
:D :D That looks great man...You did it damn quick too...:D :D
:tongue:

SiR
02-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Its almost done! Got the hood and hedlight cover painted, I let the bumper stay like that from junkyard.

SiR
02-21-2003, 05:57 PM
I have to thank Jared for his help in the car, and "hondaaccord_86 for the sidemarkers. Whats really left is the white "H".

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 06:02 PM
How do you get the clear sidemarker???

SiR
02-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by JaVaSa84
How do you get the clear sidemarker???

"hondaaccord_86" made them and I traded them for stock ones.

Jareds 89 LX-i
02-21-2003, 09:20 PM
WooHoo....your baby is back! Looks great! And I do like those clear sidemarkers too.... can't wait to come and see it :)