17x7.5
$125
In Stock
Recommended
Tire Size
205/40-17

Jims 86LXI HB
01-31-2003, 10:19 AM
Call them and ask what the offset is on the rims.

Not sure if your performance driven, but www.whalentire.com does have some good deals and a some of their choices do list the weight of the rim, try not to go heavier than 18lbs. Personely I wouldn't go heavier than 16lbs.

NOAHS88accord
02-01-2003, 01:47 AM
http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?wheelnumber=ADR82778H40HMS&size=17

hey jim how about these rims

Mike's89AccordLX
02-01-2003, 01:49 AM
How heavy are SI rims? I know they aren't the lightest but they are very light.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-01-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
How heavy are SI rims? I know they aren't the lightest but they are very light.

16lbs, nothing special, but at least their not heavier than the oem rims. And hopefully their cheap to buy.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-01-2003, 01:57 AM
I already have them and I paid $50 for all for with tires. I just didn't know the weight of them for sure.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-01-2003, 02:01 AM
wow, congrats on your find. Well usually that price buys you some heavy ass junkyard rims. It's a understatement to say you did good. What tires are on them and what size of tire are they?

Mike's89AccordLX
02-01-2003, 02:04 AM
they are BF goodrinch tires just stock size and I did get them from the junkyard. No scratches, no bends, no cracks. Just going to get them refinished hopefully if I can find someone to do them and put new clear or powder coat them.

NOAHS88accord
02-01-2003, 02:04 AM
hey jim are these a good rim to put on my accord

http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?wheelnumber=ADR82778H40HMS&size=17

Jims 86LXI HB
02-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Are they good in what respect?

They would look great on the car.

But most all ARD rims are way to heavy, IMO.

I did a post at the top of this section of the board where I posted some web sites that have master lists for rim weights.

It may very well be that the style your drawn to are not sold weighing 18lbs or less. I know as I've looked for rims that I kept on finding that the rims I really liked were either to heavy or I could not get them in 45mm offset.

Pretty much any rota rim is decently priced and light weight. Several Konig rims are very light, the Kosei K1 rims from tirerack are light and have 42mm offset. 5zigen fighter rims from discount tire are nice and also 42mm offset.

NOAHS88accord
02-01-2003, 02:48 PM
so is the only bad thing about heavy rims is they slow you down and have bad gas mileage? cause i can deal with that cause i am goin for all looks/sound not really performance at all

Jims 86LXI HB
02-01-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
so is the only bad thing about heavy rims is they slow you down and have bad gas mileage? cause i can deal with that cause i am goin for all looks/sound not really performance at all

Hey that's cool I understand. Just make sure the rims have the correct specs 4x100mm and never less than 40mm offset.

I don't know about the bad gas mileage, but heavy rims will slow you down and they do compound the NEED for a good suspension as far as the ride goes.(Meaning if your struts are worn or weak, you'll notice it even more with heavy wheels).

NOAHS88accord
02-01-2003, 03:15 PM
I plan on getting some koni specials all around, and I am tempted by the nopionline price on suspension tec 2" springs, are those some good springs? I am gonna try and find the prelude front arms but if i cant then I am gonna get the camber kit. do I need a camber kit in the back with those springs?

Man if it wasnt for you I would be so lost I appreciate all the help man

Jims 86LXI HB
02-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by NOAHS88accord
I plan on getting some koni specials all around, and I am tempted by the nopionline price on suspension tec 2" springs, are those some good springs? I am gonna try and find the prelude front arms but if i cant then I am gonna get the camber kit. do I need a camber kit in the back with those springs?

Man if it wasnt for you I would be so lost I appreciate all the help man

Those springs are nice, I like their spring rates. Several members have them. I ran some of their springs awhile back on a different car and I liked those springs. I really don't think you'll need rear camber correction on a 2" drop. In any event our members that are dropped 2" to 2.25" are split down the middle on wheather or not rear camber correction is needed. I'm not about to take sides on that:D