PDA

View Full Version : dcoe guys- question about manifold vac

2old_honda
01-30-2003, 08:59 PM
well my manifold is almost ready to put on the car, I just need to drill/tap holes for the vac adv, PCV, and brake booster. So I need some advice on the best way to do this. here (http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/vacdiag..jpg) is what I came up with. In that pic you can see that I tapped into each runner and joined all of them together, then I have the brake booster coming off one end and the PVC/vac adv. coming off of the other end. So will this work? Is there a better way that I could do this? thanks for your help!

A20A1
01-30-2003, 09:10 PM
That looks good to me... How big was the tap?
I'm thinking if it's too big it one runner might interfere with the other runners?

2old_honda
01-30-2003, 09:45 PM
I havent tapped anything yet, do you have a suggestion on what size it should be?

A20A1
01-30-2003, 10:02 PM
around a 1/2" ID. Or make it a little larger then the brake booster hose from the manifold to the "T" and then the arms of the "T" use the same diameter hose as the brake booster.

The vacuum line for the dizzy is 5/32"

doug
01-31-2003, 06:06 AM
My question is if the vacuum from the runner on the manifold is stronger than the vacumm the distributor got from the stock setup is that not going to throw off the advance in the distributor?

Site
01-31-2003, 07:09 AM
Dude, that setup in your graphic looks just like mine :D

All the

I used 3/8 hose for everything. I've got some kind of reducer thingee that runs it to the vacuum advance on the ditributor

I'm sure you could go into all kinds of hellish detail to find out exactly what vacuum draw each item (brake booster, pcv, advance) should have in proportion to the total vacuum if you wanted. I just said, "Screw it, let's just start the car!"

:lol

2old_honda
01-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Site
Dude, that setup in your graphic looks just like mine :D

All the

I used 3/8 hose for everything. I've got some kind of reducer thingee that runs it to the vacuum advance on the ditributor

I'm sure you could go into all kinds of hellish detail to find out exactly what vacuum draw each item (brake booster, pcv, advance) should have in proportion to the total vacuum if you wanted. I just said, "Screw it, let's just start the car!"

:lol

is yours all joined together like mine?