PDA

View Full Version : H4 Bulbs

NeubJ
01-31-2003, 08:47 AM
I have seen some cars with headlights that look like a Frosty Blue. (no and I am not talking about the real HID systems)

I was wondering what bulbs will give that look?
( I have tried Eurolite Xenon they just gave me a brighter white and Mtec)
I also want quality ones that will last-
Any suggestions?

Has anyone tried these brands?
Polarg Hyper white (someone told me H4 in this brand will just give me a pure white color)
Nokya Artic Purple or Artic white
Raybrig
Sylvania SilverStar

I really like the way Polargs Hybrid Hyper white bulbs give that frost blue look for my turn signal-I want something as close to that look

RobT5580
01-31-2003, 11:28 AM
I have the Eurolite or ractive brand i think and they have a slight blue tint to them but more or a bright white. They are great and i think they were only a 60w bulb at that. But i bought mine from Streetbeat customs so i just got what they had for the H4 to go with my light kit.

shepherd79
01-31-2003, 03:20 PM
i won't recomend Eurolite or anyother cheap brand name.
Nokya is good. they make nice blue light.
i just installed a set of Krypton gas charged lights into my roomates civic and she loves them.
remember, the more blue you get less visability you get.
i got this lights, and they rock my world. http://store.yahoo.com/racinglab/raywhitsonh4.html
i compared to the Krypton and mine are twice briter than hers.
here is my advice: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. So spend a little more to get a lot more. DO NOT GET PIAA bulbs, they have two diff color tones, 5000K for low beam and 4700K for high beam.
the store www.racinglabs.com is bery good and has very fast shipping. i got my bulbs with in 2 days.

hoho1217
01-31-2003, 03:23 PM
hehe it's www.racinglab.com

RobT5580
01-31-2003, 03:35 PM
I dont usually buy cheap stuff but the bulbs are actually pretty good. I may be wrong on the brand i will check and see cause i have a spare set in my basement.