PDA

View Full Version : Please help with identifying a screw

lx 1986
10-29-2016, 10:50 AM
I had to start a new thread because I've been having big problems trying to put a pic of what I'm talking about on your site

I have a 86 Honda Accord LX, 2bbl Keihin carb, auto trans with ac

I've been trying to find out if this is my fast idle adjustment screw.

There's a pic of the backside of my carb on the passenger side. I wanted to know if the blue screw is the fast idle adjustment screw I have a yellow arrow pointing at it.

The white arrow is only there as a reference point it's pointing at the red throttle stop screw and can be ignored.

The picture of the screw is right after the post by Oldblueaccord

I really hope someone can help me. Thanks

Oldblueaccord
10-29-2016, 06:31 PM
I had to start a new thread because I've been having big problems trying to put a pic of what I'm talking about on your site

I have a 86 Honda Accord LX, 2bbl Keihin carb, auto trans with ac

I've been trying to find out if this is my fast idle adjustment screw.

Here's a link to a pic of the backside of my carb on the passenger side. I wanted to know if the blue screw is the fast idle adjustment screw I have a yellow arrow pointing at it.

The white arrow is only there as a reference point it's pointing at the red throttle stop screw and can be ignored.

Here's the link to the pic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/glcilvme8y6rcfc/20161012_144919%20-%20Copy4fast%20idle%20screw%20-%20Copy.jpg?dl=0

I really hope someone can help me. Thanks

Well i see your picture if that helps.

Not sure if dropbox will host a picture for you but if you click the "insert image" tab and paste that link into it should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/glcilvme8y6rcfc/20161012_144919%20-%20Copy4fast%20idle%20screw%20-%20Copy.jpg

Use host from URL tab and unclick the host local box.

lx 1986
10-30-2016, 09:40 AM
I'm happy that at least you can see my pic. I take it you can't answer my question though.

I have never had to use a hosting site to get a pic up on a site so it may take me a few minutes.

Let me try to use photobucket the site was down the other day so I never got to use it but I did waste alot of time for nothing froze my pc.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p413/browsers2010shoppers/20161012_144919%20-%20Copy4fast%20idle%20screw%20-%20Copy_zpserofs7wt.jpg (http://s346.photobucket.com/user/browsers2010shoppers/media/20161012_144919%20-%20Copy4fast%20idle%20screw%20-%20Copy_zpserofs7wt.jpg.html)

lx 1986
10-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Thanks Oldblueaccord for the help putting up the pic. I was so happy when the image came up. I wanted so badly to put up the pic on the weekend because I thought I would get more viewers.

So much trouble for just a yes or no answer.

Now with a image maybe someone can answer my question about the blue screw!

Oldblueaccord
10-30-2016, 09:37 PM
maybe manual would help you can download it here on this websight. or try google search with images tab. Sometimes you get something.

I dont have a carb myself so I dont know.

Guessing the red knob is it.

Dr_Snooz
10-31-2016, 08:17 PM
I don't have a carb, but judging from the drawing in the manual, that's the right spot for it. The screw should be in a linkage and adjust the position of that linkage when turned. If all else fails, turn it and see what happens. Count the turns you make so you can undo the adjustment if you're wrong.

lx 1986
11-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Oldblueaccord I did try to google an image but no luck and by the way the red screw is my throttle stop screw I know that fore sure. Searched high and low and found nothing as far as an image. I thought fore sure someone here could answer my question.

Dr Snooze I'll wait a little longer to see if anyone else has an answer but if all else fails I'll try what you suggest.

Nov 4 I did try to adjust the screw in the picture and yes this is the fast idle adjustment screw I turned it counter clockwise to lower the fast idle. I guess I ended up answering my own question. I hope this pic will help someone else. I sure could have used it!