PDA

View Full Version : my car revs to slow

Experimental_Honda
01-31-2003, 11:21 AM
what can i do to make my car rev faster?? some one was telling me a beefed up ignition system would help me out alot. all i have are plug wires and nice plugs. he told me to get a blaster coil, get new ground wires, and run some motor cleaner. i think i might need a motor vac to get all the carp that i know has built up out im sure it is not helping things much.

dXsquared
01-31-2003, 11:32 AM
well... if you want real fast revs... get your flywheel shaved or get one online that has been lightened....
but if you get this, you will need to learn to shift real quick

Travis

Experimental_Honda
01-31-2003, 11:40 AM
how quick will i have to shift?? i already shift pretty fast thanks to the short throw shifter i have. if i do the fly wheel i am gonna go ahead get a new clutch to.

bobafett
01-31-2003, 12:44 PM
you might as well replace/upgrade the clutch if you are down there..

anyway as for shifting quick you need to remember that teh more you shave off, the quicker it will rev, but the quicker it will drop as well, and it will be really important that you can rev match unles you like changing trannies and ruining synchros...

what i have found is that MODS help me rev faster... lol... i would say get some headers and a cam... and webers... then you will like how fast your car revs :P

Experimental_Honda
02-01-2003, 09:22 AM
haha yeah im sure it would rev faster with those parts. i was gonna get a new clutch this summer cuz mine works fine but i think i want a newer stickyer clutch so i was gonna get like a stage 2 and i guess get my fly wheel done.

bobafett
02-01-2003, 11:31 AM
i would just buy the mods.. you WILL rev faster, and it might not be worth it to shave the flywheel. other than being kind of expensive, i am not sure i would even want to in the first place! :):(

Experimental_Honda
02-01-2003, 10:04 PM
where could i get a new light weight flywheel?

bobafett
02-01-2003, 10:08 PM
u will have to take it to a specialty shop to get that done. and dont think its cheap. prolly $400 plus you gotta take apart your tranny! :)

Experimental_Honda
02-02-2003, 07:32 AM
hmm maybe if i just took em the fly wheel it would be cheaper and did the install my self.

bobafett
02-02-2003, 10:25 AM
yeah thats what i am saying. you take them the flywheel and it will still cost $300-400 i would guess.. but i am not absolutly sure. i know they cost like $350 for aftermarket flywheels. so why would a custom job be any cheaper? that DOES NOT INCLUDE THE LABOR. i doubt you could con them into taking apart your tranny to get the flywheel, but be sure you would pay out the ass to do so! just go to the junkyard and find something to take to them!