PDA

View Full Version : Tranny asupport

Hidden lights
11-05-2016, 04:01 AM
Hi folks. I have an 86 accord DX with a 5speed manual tranny. I recently replaced all engine mounts to
Eliminate all vibrations. Well it improved a whole lot but there seems to be a little bit more of contact i feel on tje floor. I was thinking that it has to be the tranny mounts as this was the only one i left out. I orderded online and what i got was what looks like rubber fasteners for the exhaust system. I can not locate where this rubber thing is located.
Can anybody help me identify where the holder for this tranny support is located ??

Thanks in advance

Dr_Snooz
11-05-2016, 07:59 PM
It's a mount specific to the AT. Yours doesn't use it. Not sure what you mean by "contact on the floor."

Hidden lights
11-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks dr snooz. So for a manual tranny, there virtually is no tranny support and i am in conclusion that the engine mounts are the only ones doing this job. There is however a rubber mount that doesnt support the tranny but merely prevents the engine/tranny shake vigorously.
Also i can feel some vibration each time i take off from standstill. My feet will fwel that through the floor of the car. And this is what made me assume that the tranny support is the culprit, all because its the only mount that i havenot replaced.

Any ideas ??

Dr_Snooz
11-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Yeah, the MT hangs there freeballin'. If you're feeling clutch chatter, that's pretty typical when accelerating from a standstill.

Shane86
11-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Did you replace the little rubber Mount directly under the transmission that bolts to a crossmember frame

JJ'sAccord
12-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Did you replace the little rubber Mount directly under the transmission that bolts to a crossmember frame

Yup i would check that too... seems mine was wore out and i seem to have a little jerking... seems i feel it more now that i replaced front end suspension