PDA

View Full Version : wierd stalling probs...

maka_RTH
01-31-2003, 09:17 PM
k, my friends '89 Accord LX is finally back on the road..., kinda. he took it to the shop after the clutch wouldn't work(apparently we put the release fork in backwards? :werd:) so, he get's it back today, and it had kinda done this before we did the clutch, but he'll drive it around, and almost everytime he comes to a stop, it stalls. if he let's the rev's down slowly, it doesn't. he said tonight, when he got it back(i just talked ot him real quick) he was headed somewhere, and it seemed like he had no power(at about 2000 rpms or so) and it as shaking real bad. he says the tranny works fine. he had a quart of oil with him, he put it in, and then it worked fine the rest of the way. now, this car hadn't even been started for 6 or 7 months until we started on it two weeks ago on friday. when we first started it, it was kinda pouring out white smoke..., we drove it around a bit, then it stopped. we figured that was cuz it hadn't been run in soo long. i then noticed the next night was was still smokin some..., and still leads me to think it could be an oil problem...., i dunno. any help would be appreciatted. maybe just some Lucas Oils oil treatment stuff? oh, and i swear his oil light doesn't come on(excpet when you start the car, it comes on when it's supposed to, so the light works).

sorry for the long post...

AccordEpicenter
01-31-2003, 09:51 PM
If i were you, ive seen cars that havent been started in a while, or repeatedly started/idled or shut off without driving far, so i would sit at an idle and rev the car to 5000-5500 rpm and hold it there for 5 min to burn off all that crap in your engine and see if that helps. If it doesnt I would change your spark plugs first.

maka_RTH
01-31-2003, 09:55 PM
we'll try revin it..., we changed the spark plugs already when we were trying to get it to start (ngk v-power)

cruznz
02-01-2003, 12:19 AM
maybe the fuels contaminated after sitting so long?...just a thought