PDA

View Full Version : Just got my rear mudflaps!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
01-31-2003, 11:29 PM
I saw this really crappy LX-i no offense, the kid treated it like crap and it was a rust bucket. I told the kid I'd like to buy the mudflaps. He said I could buy the whole car if I wanted. I was like no... just the mudflaps. And he sold them to me for $10 I was really happy b/c I haven't found one other 3g around here that has rear mudflaps including the junkyards. The kid probably thought I was a psycho for asking for the mudflaps. He later asked if I want to race and I said it wouldn't be worth the gas. His LX-i was stock and it had a lot of weight reduction due to rust :D Well he insulted my car and it was on and I beat the crap out of him and told him he's never getting the mudflaps back.

bobafett
01-31-2003, 11:35 PM
:woowoo:

...ok fun story...

Mike's89AccordLX
01-31-2003, 11:52 PM
:whoowhoo: what is the spelling for that smilie?

Jims 86LXI HB
02-01-2003, 01:33 AM
:lol I think I was as happy removing them from my car as you are happy about adding them on. My car looked so much better without them.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-01-2003, 01:37 AM
I don't think they look bad at all. I just hated it when I washed the car and then I drive home and then I have dirt marks all over the rear bumper. Did the LX even come with them on? Or was it just LX-is and SE-is?

bobafett
02-01-2003, 02:14 AM
mine has front mudflaps but not rears.. :(?

anyway we dont have code for that smiley, somone just used [img] codes to host it from another server

Mike's89AccordLX
02-01-2003, 02:35 AM
ahh makes sense. I will keep an eye out for rear mudflaps and then put them up for auction :)

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-01-2003, 08:53 AM
My LX has the original HONDA mud flaps front and rear. I personally think it looks alright and really prevents damage to the finish once I polish her up.:D

My $.02. :)

Coroncho80
02-01-2003, 12:00 PM
My car came with the front and rear, but I took the rears off. I hated them, they make the car look like a family car and yall know that thats not my objective :D But congrats for that mike, cause you were looking for those and you finally got them!

guaynabo89
02-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Well he insulted my car and it was on and I beat the crap out of him and told him he's never getting the mudflaps back.

Are you joking or did that happen for real?:confused:

I took all my mudflaps off. Looks alot cleaner without them. I have them for sale. They are brand new and slightly modified to look alot better.:D

Mike's89AccordLX
02-01-2003, 03:18 PM
I meant beat the crap out of him (meaning racing his lx-i) I would only beat the crap out of someone if they messed with my car. I had a crazy dream this morning (dreamt that I won the JDM corners and someone smashed the orange part out and I killed him) pretty crazy huh?

MIK3
02-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I just recently painted my mudflaps (front) factory color, and where it said the word HONDA, originally, it was the same color as the mudflap. I painted the whole thing, and then painted the HONDA letters white so that the word would stand out...lemme tell ya, it is looking a hell of a lot better. I dont think I would put rear mudflaps on tho, cuz it would make it look like a family car. The mud and dirt would only get on the bumper, and easy wipe off when you get home. However, the front would be harder to get off, and more annoying being that the dirt and mud would be on the paint itself, not a good thing, cuz we all like to keep our Accords purdy.

Mike's89AccordLX
02-02-2003, 01:06 PM
I think Mike's89AccordLX-i has rear mudflaps and it looks pretty good. And about the whole business about looking like a family car.... mine is a 4 door it already looks like a family car :D Family car with Vroom!!