PDA

View Full Version : Failed smog check....

isadisa
02-01-2003, 01:38 AM
My car failed smog check.....So now we replaced the 02 sensor (needed to be done anyway) and put in a bottle of the guaranteed to pass stuff....has anyone ever used it?

The guy at Checker said it always works good if you follow the instructions (add to full tank, drive till 1/4 or a lil less, refill gas, go get smog check)....so hopefully it will pass the second time around....anyone have any ideas why it wouldn't pass (car always seems to run good)

BTW, it passed one of two idle checks and failed both high speed checks.

Blue Impact
02-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Did you have your aftermarket intake on for the smog check? That's a possibility to why you didn't pass.

pimp86LX
02-03-2003, 11:04 PM
also check plugs/wires/and timing

i took smog 4 times and tried everything before i realized my timing was hella off

njpeter
02-04-2003, 05:45 AM
for the most reliable advice.

is is a static test or a simulated driving test ( with rollers)?

shouldn't be too hard to get an fi system to pass, assuming we know where it's failing

isadisa
02-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Yes, I had my intake on, but that shouldn't really make a difference.....checked plugs, wires, and timing and they are all ok....it is a static test.

I don't know if it was just replacing the hella old 02 sensor, or if it was the bottle of 'guaranteed to pass' (or both) but...

IT PASSED!

only the 2nd time around....so my boyfriend and I would now like to reccomend the 'guaranteed to pass' bottle, it was $6.99 at checker and seems to have worked for me!