PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's been a few years, what are you mofos up to?

AccordEpicenter
11-14-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm getting my Accord back on the road etc... It's been a few years now. Since the last time I've been on here, I was into the sportbike scene with the Honda cbr and Ducati 1098 as well as racing an 1100xx super blackbird (10 sec 1/4 mile times), got married (remarried actually), started a wholesale auto dealership (sort of a part time gig for extra cash) and bought a boat (sea ray Sundancer). So yeeeeahh, been a little busy. The barn i stored my car in was getting auctioned off, plus I was getting the performance bug again after a couple of friends started doing performance builds with their cars, so I figured I might as well go though this car and rip around with it a bit and get back into racing. I considered abandoning the project but thought to myself, what the hell, all the hard parts are done and flip up headlight hondas are still some of the more unique cars out there (sorry, 92-95 civic hatches or 96-00 civic coupes dont qualify, same with accords since 1990) I was gonna consider doing an Acura TL turbo build but that's considerably more expensive, less flexible, heavy pig of a car and more of a pain in the ass in general being obd2 and having weak trannies plus starting over in general. No thanks haha.

What have you mofos been up to?

Tdurr
11-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Welcome back homie! glad you kept the project instead of getting rid of it! Sounds like life has been treating you fairly well since you last were on here.
I personally havent been up to much. Just trying to figure out this whole adult thing. Its pretty lame to tell ya the truth. But while u were gone I did get a b16 lsd installed in a a20 trans. So you dont have to rely on a phantom grip anymore. ummm somehow the car hasnt blown up *knocks on wood* show us to pics tho man!

gp02a0083
11-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Good to see you around again!

Samwise
11-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Yo.

AccordEpicenter
11-17-2016, 02:31 AM
Yeah I saw that and might want to put the LSD in my trans too. I hate my lx/dx trans and wanna put one of my lxi trannies back in. So far I've dialed out most of the one wheel peel through the suspension so it puts down equal length rubber 95% of the time... But LSD would be best.

Tdurr
11-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Intresting. I need to look into dialing in my suspension a lot more. But yea man idk much about transmissions so I paid someone to do the work.

MessyHonda
11-19-2016, 09:40 PM
welcome back. I got rid of the A series and put in a B series that will be boasted one day.

AccordEpicenter
11-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Nice to see you guys are still around. Yeah I used the coil overs to tune out the one wheel peel, but manual transmissions are more complex than most ppl think. I might try the b16 obx LSD in my car, I have another Tranny I might build for it

Tdurr
11-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Cool just be careful of the box. Mine isn't keeping axles locked in aka trans is sitting in the garage till I get a different diff.

MessyHonda
11-21-2016, 09:37 PM
Cool just be careful of the box. Mine isn't keeping axles locked in aka trans is sitting in the garage till I get a different diff.

mine did the same thing with my expensive LSD. my solution was to get custom made axels because my car was too low

AccordEpicenter
11-22-2016, 07:26 AM
I'm not running a drastic drop etc, but maybe the circlips aren't seating correctly. Sounds like it sucks though. I finally got the engine back in my 07 TL Type S, so now my lift bay is cleared out for now and I can start with the accord again

Tdurr
12-01-2016, 02:19 PM
I considered that but expected the axle can be jiggled out with too much ease. Its the diff. Even spread a c-clip a whole lot and nothing helped.